Annotated Bunch in 2010 FA, Should I start fresh in 2012?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

celkon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking the Step Mid June, been annotating over the past year or so in my 2010 first aid. You guys think I should buy 2012 and start fresh?

Members don't see this ad.

I am also wondering the same thing....I mean I have stuff since bichem and I alredy made mnemonics and stuff but when I look into the new book it seems prtty good b/c the pic are toogether with the disease and not at the back and it is colorful (real thing is also colorful). So any ideas out there will really help us.....
Thanks in advance :)

Im leaning towards getting it, I kinda feel like it will be nice to mark up a brand new book with better annotations. Most of my prior ones where probably dumb things.

If you have already annotated it I say use that first aid. People have pointed out that not much changes in each new edition of FA. Being in color is cool and all, but seriously, its not going to give you a higher score because of this color. You will likely spend too much time recopying everything that could have been used more efficiently.

I know people seem to obsess about which first aid edition to use, quite frankly it doesn't matter all that much. It isn't like if you memorize the 2010 version your score will be a 220 and if you memorize the 2012 itll be a 260. It will make minimal difference.

Honestly, I think this just depends on how you learn best and how much time you have. I learn best by writing things, thinking about them as I write, even saying it out loud. So I'd reannotate if I have time partially because the new book is nice and partially because I think it would really help firm some of the annotations into my mind. That said, everyone learns differently, so you've gotta figure out what works best for you. Good luck!