qwead

10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2008
Status (Visible)
If you are annoyed at the people who constanly post their stats----yes we know you got a 99 on the pcat and yes we know that you have a 4.0 gpa WOOHOO---and yes thank you for sharing to us all the schools that acceptes you, do you want a cookie now or is this your only way to mask the low self esteem that you have---please spare us the bull, there are alot of people here, like myself who do not ever have an interview we do not need to see your stats so we feel worse---AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.....sorry just venting, that time of the month

UNMorBUST

Mystery Man
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2008
Land Of Enchantment(Burque Baby)
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
If you are annoyed at the people who constanly post their stats----yes we know you got a 99 on the pcat and yes we know that you have a 4.0 gpa WOOHOO---and yes thank you for sharing to us all the schools that acceptes you, do you want a cookie now or is this your only way to mask the low self esteem that you have---please spare us the bull, there are alot of people here, like myself who do not ever have an interview we do not need to see your stats so we feel worse---AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.....sorry just venting, that time of the month
Because of your last sentence ill let this go:D.

missy1984

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Believe nothing u hear and half of what u see!!
On here i have a 4.0 and I got 102 on pcats! :eek:

About the Ads

chrisraymundo

UF Pharmacy Class of 2013
10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2006
Orlando
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
hey dude i understand where you are coming from but u also have to know that some people constantly ask your stats if you get accepted to certain schools, putting your stats on your signature def helps out a couple of ppl (if they are not lying about their stats that is).
That being said yes i feel you on that no interviews thing, i wish you the best of luck!

JeremyE30

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I have a 3.5gpa, 72 pcat, accepted to Mercer, canceled two other interviews because I didn't need them. Why don't you improve your scores so you can be proud to post your stats like the others that worked hard to get them? Stop complaining, strive to better yourself, not everyone can be a pharmacist.

jmcfa002

UCSF SoP c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2007
Behind you
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
hey dude i understand where you are coming from but u also have to know that some people constantly ask your stats if you get accepted to certain schools, putting your stats on your signature def helps out a couple of ppl (if they are not lying about their stats that is).
That being said yes i feel you on that no interviews thing, i wish you the best of luck!
very true, but since its "that time of the month" I don't think she is a dude:laugh:

I have a 3.5gpa, 72 pcat, accepted to Mercer, canceled two two other interviews because I didn't need them. Why don't you improve your scores so you can be proud to post your stats like the others that worked hard to get them? Stop complaining, strive to better yourself, not everyone can be a pharmacist.

lol

calisoca

10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student

Well, by now I think people on this forum know that a post like this is right up my alley for a response. I don't care if you're seeing red in your diapers or not, people don't generally post stats in this forum to brag. And even if they did, do you actually believe everything you read on the internet?

The only time I EVER see people post stats are when insecure individuals ask them to do so in hopes that they can get a better indication of where they stand as they apply. "Oh you got accepted? what are your stats if you dont mind me asking?"

Relax, nobody is trying to put you down by posting their stats. If they are true after all and somebody has a 99 on their PCAT and a 4.0 gpa, well then they have a right to brag because that is some hard earned work right there--take two things: notice and Midol.

Last edited:

chrisraymundo

10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2006
Orlando
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
ahah whoops I wasn't paying attention that much I was watching sportscenter lol, sorry! It's my GF's time of the month also....IT SUCKS ahah. Anyway Good luck all and I'm happy your not pregnant at least lol jk

calisoca

10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
ahah whoops I wasn't paying attention that much I was watching sportscenter lol, sorry! It's my GF's time of the month also....IT SUCKS ahah. Anyway Good luck all and I'm happy your not pregnant at least lol jk

YOU'RE. It's the contraction of You Are. I HATE this mistake and see it in every other post. Sorry :)

About the Ads

calisoca

10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
And just because this Chris character got me in the mood, noctice the title of this thread:

Annoyes at people who post there stats.

I think he/she means THEIR stats.

These are probably personal statement and supplemental application KILLERS.

Kirbypuff

Worldling
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
hahaha this thread is amusing me! :)
I can see both sides of all these arguments and I wouldn't argue over anything, but watching you guys fight is quite entertaining! :D fight fight! ::meow!!::

evilolive

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Is this the part where I break out into song about how AMAZING pharmacy school is?

acetyl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Hey, I'm an undergrad right now at MIT studying engineering, specifically Applied Physical Quantum Chemical Engineering, and was interested in applying to pharmacy for next year. My gpa is 3.94 (B+ in quantum mechanics :() and took the PCAT last month on a whim registering the night before the exam, but still did okay(except only 92 in verba :mad:l; 99 overall). I know, I should retake in January.

I've worked in Africa every summer developing infectious disease eradication programs, and last summer I slacked off a little, working for the CDC studying anthrax. I have 10 first author publications in 8 major journals. You think I have a chance? Btw, I'm only 17.

PrepharmKID

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2008
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hey, I'm an undergrad right now at MIT studying engineering, specifically Applied Physical Quantum Chemical Engineering, and was interested in applying to pharmacy for next year. My gpa is 3.94 (B+ in quantum mechanics :() and took the PCAT last month on a whim registering the night before the exam, but still did okay(except only 92 in verba :mad:l; 99 overall). I know, I should retake in January.

I've worked in Africa every summer developing infectious disease eradication programs, and last summer I slacked off a little, working for the CDC studying anthrax. I have 10 first author publications in 8 major journals. You think I have a chance? Btw, I'm only 17.

LOL. I think you have to register at least 2 weeks in advance though... haha

Brandie28

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy

HAHAHAHA...your kidding right?

texas110477

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I have a 3.5gpa, 72 pcat, accepted to Mercer, canceled two other interviews because I didn't need them. Why don't you improve your scores so you can be proud to post your stats like the others that worked hard to get them? Stop complaining, strive to better yourself, not everyone can be a pharmacist.

Not everyone can be doctors, but people go to the carribean if they cannot get into a MD/DO school in the states. I am suprised with the popularity of pharmacy they do not offer a pharmD program in the carribean b/c I am sure they will be plenty of interest.

jyw003

just moving along.....PharmD, BCPS, BCPP, APP
10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2007
San Francisco
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist

that's pretty cool. YOUR status begs to differ. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

i love amusing threads like these hahahhahah, some people make up the funniest stuff

About the Ads

WhiteSnows

Think Right and Grow Rich
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Next to the Ocean
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I have 2.89 GPA and still got in my top choice school.

Gpa 2.89
Science: 3.1
Pcat: 75
No pharmacy experience
No volunteer
No Bachelor.

I am still proud to post these numbers up here.

JeremyE30

10+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Not everyone can be doctors, but people go to the carribean if they cannot get into a MD/DO school in the states. I am suprised with the popularity of pharmacy they do not offer a pharmD program in the carribean b/c I am sure they will be plenty of interest.
There are already enough PharmD diploma mills in the states, with plenty more opening up every year. If you can't get into a US pharmacy school then you don't need to be a pharmacist. It is not that difficult to get in, especially at some schools.

PrepharmKID

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2008
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
There are already enough PharmD diploma mills in the states, with plenty more opening up every year. If you can't get into a US pharmacy school then you don't need to be a pharmacist. It is not that difficult to get in, especially at some schools.

So I take it you already put down your deposit and bought a plane ticket to the city of the school you were accepted?

JeremyE30

10+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
So I take it you already put down your deposit and bought a plane ticket to the city of the school you were accepted?
I already paid all my PharmD tuition and bought a 600K house in the suburbs near the school. I can't wait to start in Aug.

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
The bottom of a pile of debt.
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist

Better watch out, I'll move this to WAMC, and there's nothing but stats in that thread.

Seriously though, most people ask to see stats. Good or bad, they provide a lot of circumstantial evidence for how competitive, or not, a school might be.

PrepharmKID

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2008
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I already paid all my PharmD tuition and bought a 600K house in the suburbs near the school. I can't wait to start in Aug.

Congrats on your acceptance. If you are for real about the house, I need to find out what you do for a job. I live in only a 250k house...

I just saw one of your posts about your PCAT scores. I took the june test and got the same on the math section. That stuff is hard! We'll see how well I did on the October test here soon.

triumphbr

Yeah I'm accepted.
10+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student

Hell I'm accepted at the school I want to attend and "I" would be interested in going to the caribbean. No point in not enjoying the time your in school after all.

JJVmom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I like seeing the stats of people both interested in pharmacy and of those who just got accepted. It keeps me motivated to keep working for those A's.

About the Ads

Jammerdez1

Oklahoma 2013
10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2008
San Diego
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy

Hey now... don't be making fun of me. Just cause I couldn't make it through quantum doesn't mean I can't recite the greek alphabet backwards while writing out pi to the 314th decimal place.

i just keep it to myself. i do find myself coming back to check on the forums, even though I seem to be getting rejections than interview this year :(

thephoenician88

wat.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy

oh really..............what other interviews did you have dude.

thephoenician88

wat.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
btw i made a 99 on the pcat and i didn't study, it was sooooooooo easy. idk why ppl have such a hard time giggidy?

acetyl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Hey now... don't be making fun of me. Just cause I couldn't make it through quantum doesn't mean I can't recite the greek alphabet backwards while writing out pi to the 314th decimal place.

Wasn't making fun of you...actually I was at Princetown for my first 70 credit hours (year 1) then transfered to MIT when I wanted to study engineering.

Storm90

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2008
Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Read in that same post:

And just because this Chris character got me in the mood, noctice the title of this thread:

What is noctice?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to pick up on that one (I'm wondering too). At least the syntax was impeccable!:laugh:

calisoca

10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to pick up on that one (I'm wondering too). At least the syntax was impeccable!:laugh:

There is a large difference between making a typo and using words incorrectly.

Just one of my pet peeves I guess. I'll shut up about it now.

Last edited:

Jammerdez1

Oklahoma 2013
10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2008
San Diego
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Wasn't making fun of you...actually I was at Princetown for my first 70 credit hours (year 1) then transfered to MIT when I wanted to study engineering.

sorry... sarcasm is hard to express over the forums without an appropriate smiley :p

WhiteSnows

Think Right and Grow Rich
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Next to the Ocean
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
There is a large difference between making a typo and using words incorrectly.

Just one of my pet peeves I guess. I'll shut up about it now.

She is making an excuse. I guess she is trying to go around this forum to correct grammar for people. I think that not everyone speaks English as his or her first language, so stop trying to show you are the one who uses perfect English.

Also, let me ask you a question: when you talk to a customer, and he or she does not speak English properly, will you stop them and correct what they just say?

calisoca

10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
She is making an excuse. I guess she is trying to go around this forum to correct grammar for people. I think that not everyone speaks English as his or her first language, so stop trying to show you are the one who uses perfect English.

Also, let me ask you a question: when you talk to a customer, and he or she does not speak English properly, will you stop them and correct what they just say?

Oh absolutely. Not only that, if they don't have perfect sentence structure and word choice then they will be denied service.

IBU

10+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2008
Status (Visible)
Well, by now I think people on this forum know that a post like this is right up my alley for a response.

Yes, people are desperately waiting for your response. I am different. I dont post MY stats in my sig. :laugh:

sandoz

10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Oh absolutely. Not only that, if they don't have perfect sentence structure and word choice then they will be denied service.

Hahahahahahahaha. That's what I like to hear.

But seriously. I'm very much in favor of helping people learn better English, especially when it's grammar mistakes we should have had corrected in "grammar school" if you will. There/their/they're... too/to/two... its/it's... your/you're...were/we're... Come on now, that's like fourth grade English lessons that they try to drill into our heads so we don't write like fourth graders later in life!

Also, this particularly bothers me because I just spent my four years of undergrad at an engineering/tech school where everyone thinks that good writing and English skills don't matter because they are smart at math and science. And they're right... until they have to write for an interview or application for something important. Language = communication, and that's important no matter what field you choose as a career.

chrisraymundo

10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2006
Orlando
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
lol cant believe u guys are still on this grammar/typos ...like it matters..on a forum....

Way off topic~!

evilolive

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Ya'll be surprised to find out how english incompetent your future classmates will be, assuming you get into pharmacy school of course. Ya'll better start nit picking now. Essay/competent writing skills come back when you apply for residencies and when writing SOAP notes in the hospital while on rotation.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.