annoying ?: goto dartmouth interview....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hannah montana

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know this will be annoying to some people, and I apologize ahead of time, but should I follow my hunch and goto a dartmouth interview even with a hopkins acceptance?
For one, I'm not the type to have a nice personal list of schools ranked...I like to keep an open mind and not judge until I visit the schools. Therefore, I like hopkins a lot, especially with its unbeatable reputation, resources, and clinical training. Still, there's something about dartmouth, with its smaller student body and non competitive environment that remains appealing...should i shell out $500+ and interview at dartmouth?

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, if there was any chance that I might regret not going to an Interview I would go. So unless you are 100% sure that Hopkins is where you want to be, go.

yes. and if you get into dartmouth too, make up your mind quickly.

otherwise everyone will hate you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Baltimore is a pretty dangerous city. I know thats not a big deal to some, but for me, i'd much rather live in a safe area like New Hamp.

first of all, congrats on hopkins! secondly you should go to the darmouth interview if it's something that might linger on the back of your mind.

I would still go...what if Dartmouth offered you a full ride and Hopkins nothing, but loans?

woudln't happen if you require need-based financial aid...hopkins is known to be very generous when it comes to financial aid

I would go. DMS and Hopkins have entirely different atmospheres around their respective programs and a different type of student tends to matriculate at each one. Baltimore and Hanover are also on the opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of places where you could spend four years of your life as a medical student.

I would go. DMS and Hopkins have entirely different atmospheres around their respective programs and a different type of student tends to matriculate at each one. Baltimore and Hanover are also on the opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of places where you could spend four years of your life as a medical student.

:thumbup: