Annoying people during the Mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lookleft

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had some of the most annoying people during my mcat. One guy finished the PS like 15 minutes early. Instead of waiting for the test to finish he went up to the proctor and said loudly I am finished can I have a longer break. I wanted to say dude, shut up you freaking dork.

Another girl left the writing section twice because she finished early.

To all you future mcaters, don't be one of these annyoing people. It really does distract people.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a pretty small group -- only 12 others in the room with me. They were great (except for the girl who had a steady fit of coughing during the last half of BS), but the proctors were a bit annoying. Some lady kept coming in and out of the room and opening and closing the door, which was a little annoying. But it coulda been worse...

raDiOnut

I couldn't of had it better, besides for somone would roll a cart across the floor above us periodically... sounded like thunder. The proctors didnt let us leave early and if anyone was making noise they would tell them to be quiet. No one made much noise anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was luck our proctor was really nice a sweet old lady. ANd surprisingly all the kids i took kaplan with were in the same room with me so it just felt like another diag with a gazilion parts. YES i can't spell but i just took the mcat so i have the ultimate excuse. Also there was this phone in the room next to us that kept ringing it drove me crazy and the elevator banged but other than that it was cool and it was a nice day considering i live in chicago and every day weather changes like every hour but a good day none the lessl

one girl came back from the 10min break after PS late, and then her phone went off not once, but twice within 5 mins during the BS section

other than that, it was cool

there was this dude who constantly did sniffles during the bio section. I mean every 10 seconds , he would "sniff sniff"

everyone was pissed off. And this other guy sitting next to me wouldnt shut his mouth. I mean he was talking and talking about the test during the breaks, about his prep everything...I tried politely to distance myself, but he would repeatedly just keep bothering me.

I shared a classroom with about 12 others. There were only a few problems with my room. During the verbal section people were standing outside the room talking very loud. The proctor told them to shut up only to find out they were tenured professors. The room where I took the test was a stone?s throw from the OU football stadium where the annual red and white football scrimmage was taking place and you could hear the shotguns going off throughout the day. The proctor gave us the AAMC address if we wanted to complain, but I don?t see what good it will do. Other than that there were no major problems.

I'm just really glad it's over. (until August anyway). :)

Well, first some girl had a full on grand mal siezure during the first section, but decided to keep taking the test. Then I had a run of V-tach so i tried vagaling, but nothing. So i started a line, bolused some adenosine and got it under control... all during the VR. I left the lifepak hooked up just in case i needed to zap myself. Then some kids ran down the hall and threw bloody knives into the room shouting "Beware the Ides of April!!!" (unlv students aren't known for their shakespearian literacy apparently)....

but over all it was fine.

KIDDING.

they seperated us all into several classrooms, with only about 10 people in mine. It was quiet, good temps, good proctors... which meant that you could focus so hard and get so used to the quiet that when someone SQUEEEEKED the hinge on their chair i just about jumped out of my skin!! hahahaha!! no complaints! nary a one! :thumbup:

i got done with the BS a few min early (mostly because i guessed on some) and had lost track of the time, so i mouthed to the proctor "how much time left" (i was in the front row) and she mouthed back the answer... nice lady!

Overall, my room was pretty quiet, but PACKED. We did not have any empty seats between us, so we were all pretty much on top of each other. Then the fire alarm went off, but at least that was during one of the breaks. My only other complaint is that we got out at 6. I felt like I was there for years.

CoverMe, that's hilarious. Only real problem in my room was a cell phone set to vibrate that kept going off. I guess since it wasn't actually ringing, the offender felt he or she could avoid the embarassment and just let it go. Buzz buzz. Buzz buzz. Buzz buzz. GRRRRR!

lookleft said:
I had some of the most annoying people during my mcat. One guy finished the PS like 15 minutes early. Instead of waiting for the test to finish he went up to the proctor and said loudly I am finished can I have a longer break. I wanted to say dude, shut up you freaking dork.

Another girl left the writing section twice because she finished early.

To all you future mcaters, don't be one of these annyoing people. It really does distract people.

No particularly annoying people, but the facilities SUCKED. 55+ people in the room, no ventilation, lighting that cast shadows on everything. Then, exactly half-way through BS the power went out. We sat in the dark for more than half an hour waiting for it to be turned back on.

Turns out there was a SCHEDULED power outage today. And, it's not the first time it's been scheduled on MCAT day.

Holy crud! How did they handle it with the test timing? What an awful situation! I would imagine that really breaks up your concentration, eh?

Wow I feel really lucky. We only had about 35 or so test-takers and they were all pretty quiet. And the proctors were very professional, everything was on time and stayed on schedule. The room was also well-ventilated and well-lit and everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
CoverMe said:
Well, first some girl had a full on grand mal siezure during the first section, but decided to keep taking the test. Then I had a run of V-tach so i tried vagaling, but nothing. So i started a line, bolused some adenosine and got it under control... all during the VR. I left the lifepak hooked up just in case i needed to zap myself. Then some kids ran down the hall and threw bloody knives into the room shouting "Beware the Ides of April!!!" (unlv students aren't known for their shakespearian literacy apparently)....

KIDDING.

they seperated us all into several classrooms, with only about 10 people in mine. It was quiet, good temps, good proctors... which meant that you could focus so hard and get so used to the quiet that when someone SQUEEEEKED the hinge on their chair i just about jumped out of my skin!! hahahaha!! no complaints! nary a one! :thumbup:

i got done with the BS a few min early (mostly because i guessed on some) and had lost track of the time, so i mouthed to the proctor "how much time left" (i was in the front row) and she mouthed back the answer... nice lady!

Adenosine isn't indicated for VTach :p

No annoying people, but I got the worst seat in the house. Some guy was yelling through a megaphone, and I, being right next to the window, got to hear every bit of it. Then, of course, in the bio section when the warm sun (probably close to 80 degrees outside) came pouring into the window, I was burning up and definitely feeling myself moving slower.

I think Cerb was sitting in my row, btw.

freaker said:
No annoying people, but I got the worst seat in the house. Some guy was yelling through a megaphone, and I, being right next to the window, got to hear every bit of it. Then, of course, in the bio section when the warm sun (probably close to 80 degrees outside) came pouring into the window, I was burning up and definitely feeling myself moving slower.

I think Cerb was sitting on my row, btw.

You the guy who asked me if I heard the megaphone?

My test actually went very very well. No one had the sniffles, and no phones went off. Our proctor was very pleasant as well. There were only two people per table, which gave us plenty of room.

mine was pretty good. the proctors were great, and only once or twice did i hear anyone in the hall say anything... it was very quiet... no cell phones or anything. the only complaint i have is that after lunch it must have been 80 degrees in there. the first few days it's nice out no one knows how to use air conditioning around here, so we all had to suffer through the roasting temperatures. but other than that it was great!

CoverMe said:

KIDDING.

I believe vagal maneuvers and adenosine are for SVT, not v-tach. In fact, the vagus nerve innervates the atria but NOT the ventricles; therefore, vagal maneuvers would be ineffective if the ventricles are what is causing the problem. :)

Cerberus said:
I am curious how many people on SDN were at my testing center. I know of two so far.
i wish i was
lunch was a stress
u can help
i know ur drugg-ish like methods!