Annoying Post Prostatectomy Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haybrant

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was sent a 61 yo man who had prostatectomy 1.5 years ago. Path was moderate volume gleason 3+4 negative margins/ece/svi with initially undetectable PSA, initial PSA was 11. A year after prostatectomy his PSA started rising was 0.2 then 0.4 4 months later then he was sent to me . They happened to do a bone scan outside and fond a small lytic/sclerotic lesion 1.4 cm in the sacrum read as concerning (no bone scan for workup). At that low of a PSA I was up in the air about what to make of that. No high risk features for local failure.

I had a not dissimilar case that ended up being metastatic disease so I though I should at least have IR review this. They said they could attempt biopsy which they did. Path was read as concerning but not certain. I repeated the PSA and now it is 0.9 ng/ml 3 monts after last draw. Just curious what you guys would do at this point. Feels to me like his doubling time is quite high, he also did not have significant risk factors for local failure (MRI negative for anything in the prostate bed, no palpable nodules, shows the sacral lesion as concerning)

Members don't see this ad.

What dou mean "by concerning but not certain path"?

What dou mean "by concerning but not certain path"?

This was my question. I would think that if there is any cell even remotely resembling the prostate in the bone this would be pretty diagnostic.