Annoying versus Curiosity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorDoogie4

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I turned my secondaries in in early October and they were completed in late October. So far, I have only recieved one interview. I am wondering if I should call the schools and find out what the status of my application is. My primary school is OUCOM (Ohio U). I called last week regarding my application and the dean of admissions says that my chance of getting an interview are good. Plus, my application was on his desk when I called. I thought that was a good sign. When do you cross the line of being annoying? I am very eager to find out but at the same time I don't want to ruin my chances by being a pain the gluteus maximus. Thanks everyone and good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

I was told by an admissions counselor that it is appropriate to check once every few weeks. So maye once every 2-3 weeks but definately not anymore than that. Just remember to always be polite and NEVER seem frustrated or stressed when you call. Better yet, check to see if the school has an email system.

I am going to TUCOM and they tell you on their website that you should always send an email first.

Good luck!

Brenda
TUCOM 2007

Hey!
If you applied to nycom, pcom, or pcsom (pikeville), don't bother calling, they are all very nice, but the only answer you'll get is "we continue interviewing until (such and such date) you can hear anytime between now and then"

Nothing wrong with calling to find out the status of your application as long as you don't call so often that they begin to recognize you, because by then you've probably become annoying.

Don't worry about not hearing anything yet. Sometimes it takes a while to process the applications and make a decision to grant an interview.