Another 45?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No

He's applying to Caribbean schools with a 45 and not top10 schools?

He is also applying to random Canadian schools, so obviously he doesn't want to stay in a particular geographic area (which would justify not applying to top tier).

Very fake

Look, if I can get a 45, I think anyone else can too if they put in a little effort or had better genes. Clearly this is real

*EDIT*

[/sarcasm]

Members don't see this ad :)
Look, if I can get a 45, I think anyone else can too if they put in a little effort or had better genes. Clearly this is real

I was going to say, I just honestly don't see why this is such a big deal. I mean, if you study enough, it really shouldn't be an issue.

No

He is also applying to random Canadian schools, so obviously he doesn't want to stay in a particular geographic area (which would justify not applying to top tier).

Very fake

She has a low GPA. Her GPA (esp. the science GPA) would put her nearly 1 std. dev below the avg. GPA of matriculants. A 45 is nice as a novelty but it's not really going to be treated much better than a 38 in the admissions process. If someone comes along with a 3.2 science GPA and a 38 MCAT, would you advise them to apply to top 10 schools? I think her list is very realistic.

The highest marks in the last few years, as far as I know, have been 43s. I call shenanigans.

I know a guy who got a 44. He was contacted by the company that makes the tests (Princeton Review I think) and basically worked as a tester for them, taking all their standardized tests (received perfect scores on various GRE subjects, DAT, OAT, LSAT. He now runs his own test prep company.

The highest marks in the last few years, as far as I know, have been 43s. I call shenanigans.

We don't know that. The AAMC data is all rounded... it's possible that people have gotten 44s and 45s... it's just not seen in the data.

No

Very fake

I think those schools are Puerto Rican, not Caribbean. She/he probably just knew they had to compensate for that GPA.

Then by your definition, I don't exist.

Oh no.... I'm MELTING!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

I stand corrected.....Well done sir! :thumbup:.....We are the same age but I'm going into my undergrad next year, and your are going to med school.....touche

I know a guy who got a 44. He was contacted by the company that makes the tests (Princeton Review I think) and basically worked as a tester for them, taking all their standardized tests (received perfect scores on various GRE subjects, DAT, OAT, LSAT. He now runs his own test prep company.

I believe you misspoke here. Princeton Review is a test prep company, NOT a test developer. The test is overseen by AAMC, through which the test is developed and administered by Thomson Prometric, which is now a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of ETS. I think you are saying he worked for a test prep company, eh?

She has a low GPA. Her GPA (esp. the science GPA) would put her nearly 1 std. dev below the avg. GPA of matriculants. A 45 is nice as a novelty but it's not really going to be treated much better than a 38 in the admissions process. If someone comes along with a 3.2 science GPA and a 38 MCAT, would you advise them to apply to top 10 schools? I think her list is very realistic.

I realize the rest of the application is not top10 material. If I scored a 45 and had a crappy GPA, I would definitely try my luck at a few top institutions; you never know how an adcom will receive a 45. It's definitely a shot at applying, tons of people send in their money with only 3.7/33 etc.

the person is chinese, I wouldn't doubt it. Chinese and Koreans usually tend to do better, there was a New York Times article on a korean prep high school last week, crazy crazy stuff.

I stand corrected.....Well done sir! :thumbup:.....We are the same age but I'm going into my undergrad next year, and your are going to med school.....touche

It's cool. my age iss.... a number and not much more. :)

I believe you misspoke here. Princeton Review is a test prep company, NOT a test developer. The test is overseen by AAMC, through which the test is developed and administered by Thomson Prometric, which is now a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of ETS. I think you are saying he worked for a test prep company, eh?

Yeah probably. It was a few years ago when I met him so I'm a bit hazy on the details/didn't understand much then. I just know he got to the point where he was helping to design questions and such.

DUDE are you (bleep)-ing kidding me? Obviously this is a fake. I dont care what your GPA is, but scoring a 45 is mind-blowing. Yes, 38 and 45 are in the same percentile, but a 45 is a perfect score. It doesnt matter--nobody can talk whack about your intelligence.

I would apply to all the top schools (Top 1-40)