Another AMCAS horror story

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alice

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After getting off the phone with a lovely member of the AMCAS staff, it appears that a school I had added to my list of designated medical schools in late September has now disappeared. As the AMCAS deadline has passed, there is no available recourse for me other than banging my head against my already well-dented wall. When I asked what they thought the $50 I had sent them months back was for, they informed me that I still owed them 600$ (right, they charged my credit card THRICE back when they did this the first time). Apparently, they were assuming the $50 was a gift. For being such sweeties, right?

AAAAH! Will this ever end? Anyone have any advice/success stories about dealing with something like this? Should I call the school and grovel?

Members don't see this ad.

I would definitely call the school today. A lot of them have said they would be flexible even with the new deadlines they have set if there are problems. I would bet a large sum of money that they would consider your circumstances a "problem" worthy of a deadline extension.

So sorry to hear that AMCAS is still screwing up.