1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

another amcas problem

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mbkatz, May 12, 2002.

1. mbkatz

mbkatz Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Quick question for all the veterans out there, did any of you have problems noting the classes for the Spring semester 2001. When I put the year of 2001, the next scroll bar will not let me put SS (second semester) What's going on.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hm, i thought SS stood for summer? I don't remember...but be careful! And always checkout those little help windows!

4. Mr. H

7+ Year Member

I got a problem too, when I click on gpa calculation, the supplementary credits don't show up!! It just says 0 , what gives?

5. analu

analu Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi mbkatz, I think I had the same problem. What you need to do is specify that semester as "spring semester 2000," because AMCAS recognizes it as "second semester of the academic school year 2000." I know, it's confusing as hell...I guess they wanted to keep the semesters of the same academic year together in order to calculate grades by frosh, soph, junior, senior.

I only happened upon this fact because I skipped a fall semester during college. When I tried to add my preceding spring semester, it kept kicking me to the next school year!

Hope this helped. Good luck!

6. mbkatz

mbkatz Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

The second semester (S2 spring semester) is for this year. So for amcas it would be 2001 since it is the 2001-2002 school year. I am still getting nothing on the scroll bar, do you suggest I call amcas?

7. mbkatz

mbkatz Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

never mind, if any of you have this problem, just put down 2002 for the spring semester this year and it will automatically make it for 2001. My fault.

8. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I have the same problem...my supplementary credits are not all showing up on the GPA screen for total hours. I think problem is because there is no grade for them. I can't seem to get the "G" for AP credits. Does anyone know if AMCAS assigns the "G" grade for AP classes or do we write it in ourselves?