Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

another...asking for advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by turnerm, Jun 25, 2000.

1. turnerm

turnerm Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I recently took the MCAT and results were totally not what I expect (very low score in VR - I think, I may have messed up my answer sheet, because it was very, very much lower than the practice test scores I recieved when studying for it). I am planning on retaking it in August. Should I go ahead and turn my application in anyway? Or should I wait till I get the results of my next test? (I released my the results of my first test on test day).
    Thanks for your suggestions.

2. nicolette

nicolette Member
    10+ Year Member

If you think you misaligned your answers, have that section be hand scored. Refer to your mcat booklet and see the section on rescoring. It costs a few bucks, but if that's what really happened, it might save you the trouble of retaking the exam.

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by nicolette (edited 06-25-2000).]

3. Methuselah

Methuselah Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

The most common answer I've seen to your question is to turn in your application ASAP, then buckle down and get a better score on the August MCAT. The logic to that is if all your other ducks are in a row (GPA, experience, etc.), you won't miss the boat for schools that use the rolling-application strategy.

4. raindodger

raindodger Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Don't schools which run rolling admissions put applications that designate that they're taking the August MCAT on the back-burner?

raindodger