Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

another...asking for advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by turnerm, Jun 25, 2000.

1. turnerm

turnerm Junior Member

I recently took the MCAT and results were totally not what I expect (very low score in VR - I think, I may have messed up my answer sheet, because it was very, very much lower than the practice test scores I recieved when studying for it). I am planning on retaking it in August. Should I go ahead and turn my application in anyway? Or should I wait till I get the results of my next test? (I released my the results of my first test on test day).
    Thanks for your suggestions.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nicolette

nicolette Member

If you think you misaligned your answers, have that section be hand scored. Refer to your mcat booklet and see the section on rescoring. It costs a few bucks, but if that's what really happened, it might save you the trouble of retaking the exam.

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by nicolette (edited 06-25-2000).]

4. Methuselah

Methuselah Senior Member

The most common answer I've seen to your question is to turn in your application ASAP, then buckle down and get a better score on the August MCAT. The logic to that is if all your other ducks are in a row (GPA, experience, etc.), you won't miss the boat for schools that use the rolling-application strategy.

5. raindodger

raindodger Senior Member

Don't schools which run rolling admissions put applications that designate that they're taking the August MCAT on the back-burner?

raindodger