SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

another...asking for advice

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by turnerm, Jun 25, 2000.

  1. turnerm

    turnerm Junior Member 10+ Year Member

    Apr 3, 2000
    Leesburg, IN USA
    I recently took the MCAT and results were totally not what I expect (very low score in VR - I think, I may have messed up my answer sheet, because it was very, very much lower than the practice test scores I recieved when studying for it). I am planning on retaking it in August. Should I go ahead and turn my application in anyway? Or should I wait till I get the results of my next test? (I released my the results of my first test on test day).
    Thanks for your suggestions.

  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DOc2be

    DOc2be Junior Member 10+ Year Member

    Mar 25, 2000
    Altoona, PA, USA
    I know what you mean....last year when I took the MCAT's in April my verbal reasoning score turned out to be low (a wopping 6), but I still went ahead and sent in the application so that I would be ahead of the mad rush. If I were you I would go ahead and do so that way your central application is in. After you re-sit for the test again in August, AACOMAS will send out updated info to all of the schools you applied to. If you get an interview before the updated scores, they will more-than-likely ask if you retook the MCAT because mine did. I actually received the acceptance letter in the mail one week before the second set of scores the way, you will probably go up; I went from a 6 in verbal reasoning to a 10 and the other scores stayed the same so good luck and don't study too hard!
  4. LateBloomer

    LateBloomer Junior Member 10+ Year Member

    Apr 16, 2000

    I noticed you are from Altoona. I'm currently in Newport News, VA but I'm originally from Altoona too! Pretty crazy huh? Where are you in school?


Share This Page