Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Another Aug. MCAT question

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Toejam, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student

I understand how applicants would be at a disadvantage if they took the August MCAT, but I have another question.

What about the people who also took the April MCAT, submitted their applications on a timely basis, but also took the August MCAT for obvious reasons. Are they thrown into this "August pile" along with the others who didn't take the test in April? Is your application still in the order that it is received or does it continually get passed on while they interview those who only took it in April?

I never even considered this. I figured that I wouldn't be at a disadvantage if I took the August test as long as I took the April.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. abs39

abs39 Member

I think that it depends on the school. I took the April and the August MCAT, and checked on my AMCAS that I would be taking the August test. I just received an interview invitation from my state school (UMDNJ-RWJ). Also, Penn State asks whether you want to have them consider your application now or wait until the August scores come in. I guess most schools probably wait for the August scores.