Another BRS Path error?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxfudd

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up...

On page 40 in section 3, part a, number 3 - "The extrinsic pathway is clinically evaluated by the prothrombin time (PT), which is a measure of factors II, V, VIII, X, and fibrinogen."

It should be factor VII, not VIII.

Members don't see this ad.

since we're talking BRS errors:

i have a possible error from BRS PSIO i'd like to run by everyone, chap 1, study questions #31 (pg 32 in 2nd Ed.)... call me crazy but isn't the answer to this B, not A is it is listed in Costanzo... the upstroke of the AP due to gNa so the answer should be facilitated diffusion, not simple diffusion??

thanks

Na influx is through the Na channel during AP upstroke...and since a channel is considered a protein carrier...I think it should be an example of facilitated diffusion. So, I agree with ya.

Originally posted by rxfudd
Just a heads up...

On page 40 in section 3, part a, number 3 - "The extrinsic pathway is clinically evaluated by the prothrombin time (PT), which is a measure of factors II, V, VIII, X, and fibrinogen."

It should be factor VII, not VIII.

yea i noticed the same thing. I checked it with first aid and FA said Pt measures 2 5 7 and 10 and PTT measures all facors except 7 and 13.

Members don't see this ad :)
I manage all of the medical education titles for LWW. If you think you found an error, please contact me and I will check with the author. We publish BRS, High-Yield, NMS, Recall, Step-Up and many more.

It is rather embarrassing when a publisher prints a book with errors but I swear we try our best not to :).

Feel free to e-mail me: [email protected]

Regards,

Scott Lavine
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins

Originally posted by hihihi
Na influx is through the Na channel during AP upstroke...and since a channel is considered a protein carrier...I think it should be an example of facilitated diffusion. So, I agree with ya.

100% correct...all ion channels are facilitated diffusers.

Originally posted by Scott_L
I manage all of the medical education titles for LWW. If you think you found an error, please contact me and I will check with the author. We publish BRS, High-Yield, NMS, Recall, Step-Up and many more.

It is rather embarrassing when a publisher prints a book with errors but I swear we try our best not to :).

Feel free to e-mail me: [email protected]

Regards,

Scott Lavine
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins

take a closer look at the CV section of BRS Psio... my untrained eye spotted at least 3 major errors while reading the book for class as a first year student. (why so many errors in that section? my prof said it was probably because Costanzo is a renal physiologist) i don't remember any specifics now, but they will come up as i review in the next few weeks. there is nothing worse than errors in REVIEW books (especially if you're crunched for time)

thanks