Another Dartmouth question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

airshad8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was told I was complete at Dartmouth over a week ago...

No word yet but I got a Dartmouth Medical catalog in the mail today...No letter or anything just a catalog...does this mean something? Is an interview invite to come soon...? I can't see why they'd send me a catalog if a rejection letter was on the way...I know I know this seems over analyzed but going into the weekend knowing a possible interview is on the way would be a god-send at the moment.

Thanks in advance guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I was told I was complete at Dartmouth over a week ago...

No word yet but I got a Dartmouth Medical catalog in the mail today...No letter or anything just a catalog...does this mean something? Is an interview invite to come soon...? I can't see why they'd send me a catalog if a rejection letter was on the way...I know I know this seems over analyzed but going into the weekend knowing a possible interview is on the way would be a god-send at the moment.

Thanks in advance guys.

hehe awwww *gives hug haha everywhere send everyone catalogs, i guess they feel they want to make your money worth.

hehe awwww *gives hug haha everywhere send everyone catalogs, i guess they feel they want to make your money worth.

damn you szhao! you've shat (hah, it's not a real expletive they can't censure it) on my hopes!

Members don't see this ad :)
damn you szhao! you've shat (hah, it's not a real expletive they can't censure it) on my hopes!

its okay JHU shat on my hopes today hehe

there there, JHU doesn't really exist, haven't you heard?

I want an interview at Dartmouth SOOOOO bad. *prays*

there there, JHU doesn't really exist, haven't you heard?

I want an interview at Dartmouth SOOOOO bad. *prays*

u will don't worry hehe, they gave me, of all applicants (with no clinical experience), an interview

u will don't worry hehe, they gave me, of all applicants (with no clinical experience), an interview

Did you decide on the airport situation? Are you going to bum around the airport or get a room? you should just come to Boston and kick it.

Did you decide on the airport situation? Are you going to bum around the airport or get a room? you should just come to Boston and kick it.

lol haha k k, i found a host for one day, i had another host for the second day, i am sleeping in the library for the third day. haha, hmm i am taking a train down to new haven, CT; so maybe i will train over if harvard some how decide to give me an interview, haha probability wise, not very likely after today hehe. i will hope for a high statistical variance.

:luck: :luck: Good luck, I'm sure you will all get invites soon enough. I received the brochure before getting any interview invitation. It will come through snail mail. The dean also sends a letter talking about the school and the interview. Overall it was one of the best interview experiences I had and Dartmouth/ Hanover is a great place.

:luck: :luck: Good luck, I'm sure you will all get invites soon enough. I received the brochure before getting any interview invitation. It will come through snail mail. The dean also sends a letter talking about the school and the interview. Overall it was one of the best interview experiences I had and Dartmouth/ Hanover is a great place.

Thank you! Yeah I am really looking forward to it.

May I ask your stats since you got in there already? Any pointers about the interview, etc?

32- 10,11,11; 3.91 GPA. Hospice Clinical experience, almost no research. The interviews were both open file for me. Basically just conversations nothing to worry about. My second interviewer asked me about one of my hobbies which was only a sentence in my secondary app. So apparently they do indeed know your application. If I remember correctly interviews can be closed file also, it depends on the interviewer.

I chose to fly into Manchester and rent a car and drive up to Hanover. I had to stay 2 nights up there since due to the drive down I could not make the last flight out of Manchester (Drive is like 1hr 10min or a little more). Some people flew into Boston and took the Dartmouth Shuttle, apparently this works great also.

I hope this helps, any other questions just shoot :)

32- 10,11,11; 3.91 GPA. Hospice Clinical experience, almost no research. The interviews were both open file for me. Basically just conversations nothing to worry about. My second interviewer asked me about one of my hobbies which was only a sentence in my secondary app. So apparently they do indeed know your application. If I remember correctly interviews can be closed file also, it depends on the interviewer.

I chose to fly into Manchester and rent a car and drive up to Hanover. I had to stay 2 nights up there since due to the drive down I could not make the last flight out of Manchester (Drive is like 1hr 10min or a little more). Some people flew into Boston and took the Dartmouth Shuttle, apparently this works great also.

I hope this helps, any other questions just shoot :)

Thanks a bunch- it does.

I didn't apply so early so that is probably the biggest thing going against me, but I hope it works out. As for travel, iwill just be going in from boston- I live in the city so it shouldn't be a huge deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
So is it okay to say you'll very likely get an interview invite if you get a catalog? I think you automatically get one when you apply, I just don't want people to feel upset when what they get is not an invite, a catalog can't be that promising.

I believe they send the catalog to everyone, I wouldn't think an interview is likely just based on the catalog. Hey, I got a catalog from JHU since August and haven't heard anything from them lol.

Don't get excited over a catalog. I got one from Dartmouth (where I'm an alum) and other schools and got rejected to all of those from which I received said materials.
Wait until you get a letter that asks you for an interview.

i interviewed in october and haven't heard anything back
do they mail out the decisions all at once?

i interviewed in october and haven't heard anything back
do they mail out the decisions all at once?

NO...there are a bunch of people on this forum (and one who posted on this thread) that have already been accepted...

What time did your Dartmouth interview day start and end?? I want to know if I can make it to Manchester for a 5:50 pm flight from DMS after the interview...:confused:

The day ends about 4-ish, but they tell the applicants that they can skip the last tour if they have planes, etc to catch, so you could end as early at 3-ish, if your interviews are on time. There were a couple of interviews on my day that ran late, however. This probably doesn't help.

What time did your Dartmouth interview day start and end?? I want to know if I can make it to Manchester for a 5:50 pm flight from DMS after the interview...:confused:

I was definetly back at MHT with the rental car checked in by 5:00 for a 7:00 flight, but I left straight from my interview without changing etc. I think counting on a 5:50 flight would be a little risky but you'd probably make it if its your only option.

I believe they send the catalog to everyone, I wouldn't think an interview is likely just based on the catalog. Hey, I got a catalog from JHU since August and haven't heard anything from them lol.

Ha, ditto for JHU.

The catalog is automatically sent when you're complete, but I do think Dartmouth has a fairly quick turn around between being complete and offering an interview.