Another Day/Another Mailbox Full of Jack Squatt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mutterkuchen

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In some ways I would kind of welcome a rejection letter or two. At least I would know that someone is looking at my application. I haven't heard anything from anybody for weeks. Oh well, at least I had an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

My mailbox full of jack squat is waiting for me to open it after work.

dude, i know what you mean. My mom is getting my med school mail so whenever I talk to her, I'm like "are you SUUUUURE nothing came in the mail?" As if she would be like "Oh yeah, wait a minute, I lied 5 seconds ago. You DID get something from so and so..."

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate this wait too.. must be patient :rolleyes:

Do most adcoms meet once a week or once a month?

you know what bugs me the most is that nothing happened to me for months, then I got two interview invites within a week of each other, and just when I finally think I'm ready to rock and roll... NOTHING. NOT A GODDAMMMED THING!!!!!
I'm going stircrazy.

another day, another mailbox full of credit card offers and info from podiatry schools.
:D

I have also received a bunch of mail from the podiatry, Negev, and other over seas schools...I did not ask for it...how did they get my mailing address, and name too???:confused:

i check my mail twice a day since at my school they put mail in our boxes at 11am and 4pm.

this really sucks, i got two interview invites on the same day about a month ago, and its been DRY ever since.

i too had 2 interviews within a week of each other back in early-mid october and have since heard nothing about decisions or other interviews, although i have gotten a few rejections. waiting is almost worst after the interview because every day you go home and hope to have something waiting for you but . . . only podiatry, chiropractic, and overseas schools.

I guess I am better off than most of you since I checked the box which opted me out of these things when I signed up for the MCAT. I don't get any of that crap. . . except for the credit card apps, of course.

I thought that I told AAMC that I did not want any of those extraneous mailings when I took the MCAT. The other day, I got information about some Master's Program in Healthcare Adminstration. The letter said that they got their information from the AAMC:eek: !

As for any medical school news, my poor little mailbox has been empty!

My roommate and I have the same first name, and her parents send her something in the mail, normally in a business envelope, almost every day. I never realized how much mail she got until this fall when the bitter, bitter disappointment drove the point home. ;)

Add me to the "jacksquat" list. I found out about one interview in early October, but since then nothin'. I guess it is good that I have not received any rejections yet either, but damn, give me something to let me know that all of these schools didn't just lose my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by JBJ
I guess I am better off than most of you since I checked the box which opted me out of these things when I signed up for the MCAT. I don't get any of that crap. . . except for the credit card apps, of course.

yeah, i though (i swore) i checked that box as well... my non-allo med school mailings have been limited, but i keep getting one persistant one from barry u or something like that? i've gotten a couple podiatry and like one or two naturopathic school mailings. *sigh* so much for the checked box.

oh yeah, today's loot: one credit card offer, a reminder for my cat's annual shots, the local junk-coupon mailer and a request for money from my undergrad institution ( :rolleyes: ) and my dad's christmas present that i ordered. :D

it's 3m neoprene chest waders (mossy oak, size 11) and a down hunting vest (fatigue w/tan lining) from cabela's (outdoor/hunting store). still interested? :D

a reminder for my cat's annual shots
dude, cats need annual shots?!!!
do they really need it, or is it something vets do to make money? :rolleyes: :confused:

Originally posted by DarkChild
do they really need it, or is it something vets do to make money? :rolleyes: :confused:

yeap. every year. it's for that tick/flea/worm medication thing. My cat doesn't require it as much b/c he's only an indoor cat, but it's definitely a must for outdoor cats.

i didn't bother checking any box....
i just got my scores and then moved (no forwarding address):D
streetdoc:p

I don't even get junk mail, credit card offers, or podiatry love. My apartment wasn't even a real address until the landlord finally got around to registering it last month. The other day I got really psyched 'cause I found an envelope from Columbia University, which I am hoping for an interview from. And then I realized... I work for Columbia... the letter was my benefits statement. Sure, it's great to have health insurance, but at that moment I would rather have had an interview.

I got a catalog. and it wasn't even for me.
maybe tomorrow.....sigh

Slinkie, I hear ya! I work for Harvard and it's the season for benefits renewal and such....fat envelopes yet no love. i'd rather get an interview than a notice telling me that my insurance premium is being hiked.

I too have yet to receive any word from med schools that I've interviewed at. This has started to create some bizarre paranoia within me: I spy on my mailman on my days off to make sure he's not going through my mail to take out medical school letters and I'm contemplating contacting the sysadmin for my email account and asking him to make sure that there's not some kind of "med school" filter currently running on my account.

What's really frustrating, and this echoes somebody else's sentiments, is that my interviews came pretty much in a chunk. Since then, I have yet to hear anything about more interviews or acccept/reject. On the plus side, the University of LaVerne Law School wants me (I took the LSAT) and even wants to give me a fee waiver!!! WOOHOOO! I'm not even sure if they're ABA accredited...but I'll tell ya, the longer this med school thing drags on the more I am tempted to send my app to them. Please God, don't let it come to that :(

Originally posted by Carbon

Love to all, except my mailman. I'm convinced he's hiding all my acceptance letters and interview invites.

Oh thank God I'm not alone.... :laugh:

Carbon,

Mitch Hedberg is the greatest comic alive :cool:

Yeah, no mailbox love either... four interview invites in two days two weeks ago.... nothing since.

Its a conspiracy-> 'luckily' I've been so busy writing up my senior project proposal (BU Biomedical Engineering, baby) that I haven't thought about it much the past few days.

deuces,

Tom

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
yeap. every year. it's for that tick/flea/worm medication thing. My cat doesn't require it as much b/c he's only an indoor cat, but it's definitely a must for outdoor cats.

yep, my cat, too. his name is quinn; he's a spoiled monster. :) plus, i get his FLV (i think that's the one?) annual vaccination. he's an indoor cat, but he goes to visit his "aunt julie" (friend of mine) on a regular basis, like when i'm interviewing, and she has three cats and two dogs. just don't wanna take the chance of a sick cat, who would then pass it onto my ferret. (i don't really have a zoo, just sounds like it :D )

Originally posted by DarkChild
need the rabies shot which also covers a couple other weird diseases. cats don't really need it unless they go outside or you have to board them when on vacation. vets won't let you board unless you have proof of the shot within in the last year or they give one. it isn't too expensive, maybe $15.

thanks for the great cat info...
I cant imagine my baby getting sick...
:(

Well, I got something today... but it was a rejection from Rochester. I was pretty much expecting it anyways. 12 schools left to hear from...