Another First aid error....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
About polymyositis: "The endomysial infiltrates are mostly in foci in the fascicles"

About dermatomyositis: "dermatomyositis is the only disease that shows perifascicular atrophy"

Are we reading the same link?

Remember this by PE4. Polymysositis = endomysial infiltrates = CD4 mediated. "The other one is the other one."

Edit: I annotated this into my 2010 FA from Goljan and UWorld and don't own a 2011 copy to compare. Maybe they added the info to 2011 incorrectly? Either way, your first sentence seems correct (I'm assuming that's from FA) based on the link you provided.

It's backwards in the 2011 version. I corrected it and put a link to support it.

About polymyositis: "The endomysial infiltrates are mostly in foci in the fascicles"

About dermatomyositis: "dermatomyositis is the only disease that shows perifascicular atrophy"

Are we reading the same link?

Remember this by PE4. Polymysositis = endomysial infiltrates = CD4 mediated. "The other one is the other one."

Edit: I annotated this into my 2010 FA from Goljan and UWorld and don't own a 2011 copy to compare. Maybe they added the info to 2011 incorrectly? Either way, your first sentence seems correct (I'm assuming that's from FA) based on the link you provided.

In 2010, it says CD8

Members don't see this ad :)
Should have added, disclaimer: a year ago when I annotated this from UWorld into my FA, it said endomysial = polymyositis = CD4. Still, this is (far) above the level of difficulty present on the actual Step 1, it would seem.