SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

another Georgetown question.....is it worth it to write the "love letter"

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by GemPrincess, Apr 5, 2002.

1. GemPrincess

GemPrincess Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Chicago
    As somebody so astutely put in one of the other threads, "writing Georgetown a love letter will get you in." Does anybody know if this is true? Was anybody put in the Highly Select Pool, and then accepted WITHOUT writing the letter? I'm just curious. After interviewing there in November, and getting an acceptance from a differnet school, I got lazy and never wrote the letter. I was later placed in the Pool. What do you guys think about the letter, did everyone who wrote it get in?....just curious....

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. none

none 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2001
    Georgetown certainly does seem to be in love with itself, perhaps you heaping more onto that pile would help. BTW, now that they're completely off the rankings (as they should be), you might have a better chance.

4. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat SDN Angel 10+ Year Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Hmmm...I don't know but I have a friend who wrote one and got in (just in case you want to compile a list, etc.)

5. pipper

pipper Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2002
    PA/AZ
    I do remember Ms. Sullivan telling our interview group that Georgetown ONLY pulled students off the highly select list if they wrote love letters. Plus, Georgetown loves to be everyone's first choice, so if you tell them they are wonderful, it won't work against you!

6. Dr. Nick Riviera

Dr. Nick Riviera Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 8, 2002
    OH
    I got accepted off the "highly select pool" after writing a letter.
    Although I didnt do this....If you really want to go there, write and explain your situation, including the other acceptances, and explicitly say that if you are accepted you will enroll. That confirms your sincere interest and assures them that they wont have to play around with rejected offers.

7. GemPrincess

GemPrincess Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Chicago
    mrbmd, that's a good idea. i was debating whether to say that or not, because i didn't want to seem cocky by saying "i'm already accepted at blah blah blah", but it seems like a good idea.

i also noticed that they're off the rankings. none, why did you say you think that they should be? not that i disagree, i'm just wondering what you think about g-town in general. thanks!