Another goofy string. Just for kicks.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhillstr

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If Thalamus was standing on me, would that make me "hypothalamus"?
He he he
Anyone else going to AZ or will I have to be barbequed all alone?

------------------
AZCOM
-class of '04

Members don't see this ad.

I am heading to AZ too(been accepted there already). I have an interview at Nova soon. So, between AZCOM and Nova . . . I will have to decide--assuming, of course, that NOVA accepts me. I had to decline other offers in favor of AZCOM though.

Lovin the Med school humor. How about this one?

So this guys dog stops breathing, so he takes it to the vet. The vet says, "Sir I'm sorry but your dog is dead." The guy can't believe it, so he asks for a second opinion. The vet says okay, so he brings in a Labrador Retriever. The Lab sniffs the dead dog and barks 3 times. The vet says, "yep he's dead alright." The guy still can't believe that his lifelong companion is dead so he asks for another opinion. Vet says sure, and he brings in a cat. The cat walks around the dead dog purring, it then meow's 3 times. The vet says, I'm sorry sir but your dog is dead. The guy, finally convinced, says alright I guess your right. So how much do I owe you. The vet replies, "$3000." The guy replies, "how the hell can it cost me $3000 just to tell me that my dog is dead!?" The vet replies, "well it would have been a lot cheaper but you requested Lab Work and a Cat Scan. HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!

I kill me.

By the way, I'll take having 4 seasons over living in a year-long desert any day.

------------------
DocGibby
MSUCOM class of 2004

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to hear what everyone thingks about life after HMO's. What do you think will replace them. Medical savings account? Socialized care? What would you do?

I am going to AZCOM too!
DocGibby, that joke was way too lame (but a little bit funny).
I live in Canada, socialized medicine isn't that bad for small things, but there is a waiting list for most major procedures. I don't think it is a possibility for the US, it would cost too much and doctors hate it. (Not as much money)

Face it rhillstr, HMO's are here to stay.

------------------
DocGibby
MSUCOM class of 2004

NO NO NO! I won't let them. I'll destroy them all, so help me god....
Health care for the people. That's my battle-cry

I'm already interviewing office managers to handle all the paper work for those damn things.

------------------
DocGibby
MSUCOM class of 2004

Doc G,
Already? You must be kidding.
smile.gif

As for HMO's what do you think of them, besides their longevity? How about insurance in general.

Doc G,
Already? You must be kidding.
smile.gif

As for HMO's what do you think of them, besides their longevity? How about insurance in general.

rhillstr--loved your pun!

All of you coming here to Az, I am a native. The summers will take some getting used to, and be wary of living on the West side of I-17 freeway. You will hear lip service to the contrary, but I have lived here all of my life. My suggestion would be to live on campus or East of the I-17 freeway. There is a reason that the cost of housing and rent is significantly less in Glendale, Peoria. FYI--the juvenile detention prison and a Federal facility are located nearby.