Another help me choose thread... UNC, Yale, OSU, Baylor or Pitt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you absolutely detested UNC or just loved another school much much more, I would vote for UNC. Like others said, the "name" value will wear off pretty fast and you'd be somewhere you didn't love. UNC has given you the chance to follow what YOU want, rather than your parents without depending on their money.

Trust me, my parents are the same way where everything is a family decision rather than a "me" decision. Not sure if your family is the same way but I can always convince them of what I want through logic. Your parents want you to be happy and if you convince them that somewhere other than Yale does that for you then you're in a great position. Also, you can tell them that you can use the money they set aside for you to buy a house when you get married, start a fund for their future grandbabies, help you set up your own practice in the future..whatever. Something that appeals to them. Maybe an awesome vacation! Seriously though, a full tuition scholarship to a well-respected school >>>>>> name + more debt.
:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

No question UNC. Saying I went to Yale just isn't worth ~$200k to me. Then again, I'd kill to go to any place you got accepted, so congrats on wherever you land :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.