Another help me rank...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HAM2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI! I'm doing couples match, but we didnt interview at all the same places I was wondering if you could help me rank these, so that we both do well later on in fellowships:

Columbia-Beth Israel NYC
Mayo Roch-Mayo Roch
Baylor-UTH
BU-BU
NEMC-BU
UIC-UIC
UCI-UCI

Members don't see this ad.

HAM2 said:
HI! I'm doing couples match, but we didnt interview at all the same places I was wondering if you could help me rank these, so that we both do well later on in fellowships:

Columbia-Beth Israel NYC
Mayo Roch-Mayo Roch
Baylor-UTH
BU-BU
NEMC-BU
UIC-UIC
UCI-UCI

I truely sympathize with everyone's dilemma of ranking - be it couple or "special situations". However, it is difficult for any of us to help in ranking programs per individual's situation. At such, it would be best to consult someone who is familiar with your credentials and situation in detail - a faculty advisor perhaps or a friend who is a resident in the field.

I bid you well in your pursuit.. :luck:

HAM2 said:

Columbia-Beth Israel NYC
Mayo Roch-Mayo Roch
Baylor-UTH
BU-BU
NEMC-BU
UIC-UIC
UCI-UCI

I'll take a stab at this one. I think BUx2, Mayox2 or Baylor-UTH would be best for getting into strong fellowships without one sacrificing too much for the other (assuming you're applying to cards and/or GI like everyone else in the world). Of those three pairs, I'm more familiar with BU and Baylor, and know that the fellowship matches tend to be more regional with these institutions, meaning it comes down to what part of the country you'd rather live in for the next six or so years, I think. I don't envy the situation you'll have in 2 or more years when you decide on fellowships.