Another Interfolio question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giantswing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This has been asked in various ways, but I'm still a little fuzzy, and don't want something like a LOE to get messed up because I'm not clear on it.

If a LOE is submitted to Interfolio does it include a letter head and a signature, even if it's submitted electronically and not snail mailed in? It's useless without a signature, but I live five hours away from my college professors so hand delivering is not an option. I was thinking of mailing my stuff along with addressed, stamped envelopes.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi @giantswing,

I am currently on the team at Interfolio, Inc., and I happened to come across your post. With this in mind, I'd love to answer your questions for you.

Your letter writers have two options to upload your recommendation to Interfolio. The first, requires them to create a free letter writers account and submit your document electronically. The second, allows your recommendation writer to print the Interfolio request form and send it, along with your document, to our address in Washington, D.C. Once it arrives, it will be uploaded to your account within 1-3 days.

Both of these options are clearly laid out in the confidential letter of recommendation request that you send via email, or print out and deliver them. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing your questions on here, and feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] if you need anything from me directly!

Regards,

Members don't see this ad :)
If your letter writers put it on letterhead and put their signature on it, it should be ok. Three of my letter writers are pretty darn far away (one is 1500 miles) and I'm having them use Interfolio. I mailed them everything. Of course, I haven't seen the letters so I don't know for sure.

When your letters have been submitted, I would call Interfolio and have them double check that they are on letterhead and have been signed. My friend did not do this and it turned out that three of his LORs were not on letterhead. He did not get one interview this past season. Not sure it was the letters, but it may have been. Either way do yourself a favor and call them to check. Other than that Interfolio is a good and reliable company.