another letter question...sorry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicalhokie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I searched and after looking through mannnyy posts didn't find the answer to my question, so I made my own.
I have started to ask for letters of recommendation, and everyone has said yes so far, but people are asking who to address them to. I thought it would all go through a central place like amcas, but only 2 of my schools are on there. For those two, do they address the letter to amcas or what? Also, what about other schools that aren't on the amcas list?

FYI the schools on the list are georgetown and uva, and the others are EVMS and MCV if that helps at all.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go with a generic "To Whom it May Concern" or even "Dear Admissions Committee" for all of them; both seem safe to me. The schools that don't use AMCAS will ask you to send the letters to them when you get a secondary application from them.

Guys,
I searched and after looking through mannnyy posts didn't find the answer to my question, so I made my own.
I have started to ask for letters of recommendation, and everyone has said yes so far, but people are asking who to address them to. I thought it would all go through a central place like amcas, but only 2 of my schools are on there. For those two, do they address the letter to amcas or what? Also, what about other schools that aren't on the amcas list?

FYI the schools on the list are georgetown and uva, and the others are EVMS and MCV if that helps at all.

thanks!

You can use a third party (like Interfolio) to manage your LORs, that way your letter writer doesn't have to individually send the LORs to each and every school. If you haven't heard of Interfolio, look into it, it saved me tons and tons of time trying to track down all the letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
if i use something like interfolio, do they just do what ksmi117 said and write something generic like "to whom it may concern"?