Another milestone for DOs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not a milestone....DOs have been at heights of excellence and in many prestigious positions for decades

Reactions: 3 users
This is still pretty cool. As much as we sometimes hate to admit it DOs are still "rising" up the ranks in the medical field, at least in the eyes of the mass general public. Exposure like this to the Osteopathic degree can never hurt. The surgeon general was a pretty cool milestone, I must admit.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't want to be associated with that AHA, personally. But good for him,

Not a milestone....DOs have been at heights of excellence and in many prestigious positions for decades

People need to know about the other milestones. The rhetoric on this site is often negative towards DOs. Some authors disparage DOs. Can you add to the list of DO accomplishments so others can appreciate the professions successful history?

People need to know about the other milestones. The rhetoric on this site is often negative towards DOs. Some authors disparage DOs. Can you add to the list of DO accomplishments so others can appreciate the professions successful history?

Dr. Paul Wallner D.O. (radiation oncologist) received the ASTRO gold medal in 2004. This is the highest honor one can receive in the field.

http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/96/13/989.full.pdf

Former surgeon general was a DO, DOs are everywhere. Don't rely on the few misrepresentative rhetorics of a few. Grammar fail I know

Exactly who came immediately to mind when I read that question.

Post-residency DOs are view no differently than MDs (I admit there are rare exceptions to this I have read on here). This person pretty much got into an ultra competitive residency and received an ultra competitive award. He achieved what DOs would have an extremely hard time achieving due to the competitive nature of matching into radiation oncology residency.