Another month, another interview survey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many Interview Invites do you have?

• 0-1

Votes: 30 18.3%
  • 2-3

Votes: 47 28.7%
  • 4-5

Votes: 32 19.5%
  • 6-7

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • 8-9

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • 10-11

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • 12-13

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 14-15

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 16-17

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 18+

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

DirkN

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

At the end of August, I posted a poll asking members to state how many interviews they had. The poll got a lot of responses, and I feel that the results were very informative for the SDN community!

Another month has passed, so I figured we do it again.

Also, feel free to mention how your cycle is going so far, how you feel, and what you're doing to pass time during this period of waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm at one, which is one more than I had in August!! Several of my programs don't invite until November, though.

Reactions: 1 users
0 and 1 should have been separate categories, there's a big difference between 0 and 1 interview. You can become a doctor with 1.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
0 and 1 should have been separate categories, there's a big difference between 0 and 1 interview. You can become a doctor with 1.

I just don't think there's a reason to isolate voters with 0 interviews! This is just for September, so 0 could easily to 1, 2, 3 or more in the next several months.

Thanks for the replies guys! Most of my interviews are this month and next month, so I have a busy schedule ahead of me. How is everyone else feeling?

Super stressed. Using money I don't have and anxiously waiting to see if I hear good news on October 15th.

14 now. I only went to half of them so far thankfully and that was downright exhausting. I better get acceptances on october 15th otherwise i'll have to trudge through schools i dont want to go to :(

14 now. I only went to half of them so far thankfully and that was downright exhausting. I better get acceptances on october 15th otherwise i'll have to trudge through schools i dont want to go to :(

Oh poor you, you have too many interview invites.

Reactions: 17 users
Oh poor you, you have too many interview invites.

dude, flying across the country multiple times is expensive as **** and trudging through 9-10 hr dragged-out presentations is brutal. just because you cant relate doesn't mean it's any less brutal.

Only 15 more days, y'all. I only got one more II since the end of August, and the interview date is on 10/15 lulz. I'm hoping to hear/see good news when I check my phone/email after that interview day.

I personally have found traveling everywhere to be exciting! I will have travelled about 15000 miles in September and October. Choosing a school gets harder with every interview. But I'm thankful for every one. Plus having a legit reason to miss school is fantastic!

Reactions: 7 users
I personally have found traveling everywhere to be exciting! I will have travelled about 15000 miles in September and October. Choosing a school gets harder with every interview. But I'm thankful for every one. Plus having a legit reason to miss school is fantastic!

I'm sure the ADCOMs will really appreciate your feigned enthusiasm.

I'm sure the ADCOMs will really appreciate your feigned enthusiasm.
I wouldn't be interviewing there if I weren't enthusiastic about being there. It may be a lot of time, work, travel, and money, but in the end it is definitely worth it.

Reactions: 4 users
I wonder how many schools people applied to though. I think it makes a difference.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't be interviewing there if I weren't enthusiastic about being there. It may be a lot of time, work, travel, and money, but in the end it is definitely worth it.

cool, are you taking your undying altruistic passion for treating the underserved to camden, NJ too?:rolleyes:

Also, feel free to mention how your cycle is going so far, how you feel, and what you're doing to pass time during this period of waiting!

(Ignoring the troll) I've actually gotten to a point of low stress, which I'm hoping I can keep up until 10/15. I've had a couple of interviews and have been complete at most schools for 2-3 months. For a while the silence was really stressing me out, but now that I don't have any interviews coming up, I feel like I can actually relax. I'd love to get more II's, but it's sort of nice knowing there's nothing I should be doing right now.

Reactions: 3 users
1. I'm also at a point of relatively low stress after having 3 interviews and 1 coming up.
2. Why would you apply to a medical school you absolutely don't wanna attend? That just reeks of poor judgment. If you only apply to schools you would actually love to attend, then you'll never have to feign enthusiasm on interview day. There's a reason the MSAR exists; use it (and school websites) to determine fit.

Reactions: 1 user
Not to hijack this thread but Iv'e made a very detailed spreadsheet with all my interviews. The longest time between submission and interview invite has been 68 days. What's the longest time between completion and invite? I'm thinking 90-120 days. Past that and maybe one can assume rejection?

Can someone ban boltedbicorne? His incessant trolling/insensitivity is really detracting from many threads.

Reactions: 7 users
Can someone ban boltedbicorne? His incessant trolling/insensitivity is really detracting from many threads.

how about they ban you for being insensitive to myself and others' plight? you'd probably try and ban gandhi for going on the salt march. there's a progression of plights, there's stress from not getting interviews and then there's the just plain fatigue of going through 9 hr interview days, astronomical expenses while you're packed in the back of a cramped airplane with crying babies and sick people, and jet lag. Just because you don't get what im going through doesn't mean i'm insensitive, if anything you're insensitive cuz you just don't get it.

Last edited:
I went from 0 to 1, but that school responded very quickly (II came 4 days after submitting secondary). The rest of my schools are just getting around to the apps from around the dates I was complete, so I'm hoping for more good news this month :)

current tally so far = 1 II, 1 small pool, 1 hold, 1 rejection

Just report him every time he starts this - which is pretty much anytime he posts.

Reactions: 5 users
cool, are you taking your undying altruistic passion for treating the underserved to camden, NJ too?:rolleyes:
As you can see from my MD Apps I didn't apply anywhere in NJ. But I, like many people, do see merit in helping the underserved. Will I center my career around it. Probably not. But working in a free clinic is the least I can do.

He hatin' :cool: But I like all of you guys. You are all so sweet and supportive!

Just report him every time he starts this - which is pretty much anytime he posts.

Ah... I am stupid lol. I didn't see the glaring "report" button this entire time. I honestly didn't know how to alert moderators to an unruly poster.

I've got 3 interviews before 10/15... hoping one of those schools gives me good news!

how about they ban you for being insensitive to myself and others' plight? you'd probably try and ban gandhi for going on the salt march. there's a progression of plights, there's stress from not getting interviews and then there's the just plain fatigue of going through 9 hr interview days, astronomical expenses while you're packed in the back of a cramped airplane with crying babies and sick people, and jet lag. Just because you don't get what im going through doesn't mean i'm insensitive, if anything you're insensitive cuz you just don't get it.
5/10 troll post, pretty decent trolling I'll give you that. Annoying, but a tad bit amusing.

5 IIs so far, although I doubt any more would come. I've been complete since late July/early-mid August at all schools.

3/4 of my tops choices came through, so I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

2 II so far (Drexel and my state school), 3 rejections, 1 hold (DMU) and silence from the other 21 schools.

4 IIs, 0 holds, 0 rejections, 21 silences. I feel like I probably won't get any more IIs since I was complete very early and it's been dead silence for nearly 4 weeks now.

2 IIs, 1 hold (ugh, really GW?), 1 pre-secondary rejection at a certain OOS public school, and silence from 23 including my state schools. I was complete at about half of my schools by the first week of August, although the earliest date I was complete anywhere was August 1st because that's when my committee letter was received. I did turn in a couple of secondaries after 9/1, which I know is late. I'm grateful for what I have, but still pretty worried. A couple more interviews would make me feel more at ease.

If you don't wanna be around crying babies and sick people, then why are you going into medicine? Once again, poor judgment.

Guys, let's not ruin this thread :)

If you don't wanna be around crying babies and sick people, then why are you going into medicine? Once again, poor judgment.

nope, but your post has some pretty poor insight. not everyone is ob-gyn and there are a multitude of different disciplines that dont involve being in a sardine can with sick people. with a (lack of) insight like that im surprised you even got this far.

4 IIs, 0 holds, 0 rejections, 21 silences. I feel like I probably won't get any more IIs since I was complete very early and it's been dead silence for nearly 4 weeks now.

At one school that I emailed about an update/status inquiry, they emailed back and said something along the lines of "We haven't reviewed your application yet but will very soon, good luck!" This was at a school that people who were complete after me were already rejected/interviewed. Some schools must review on the basis other than the order received, large batches of similar GPA/MCAT, something like that. So I wouldn't give up hope for every school.

Four down, four to go and i'm in the middle of a two week break between interviews. Very relaxed, but I suspect that will change once the 15th comes closer. II's from half of my "high interest" schools, so no complaints.

Plus getting to meet a couple of you along the way has been pretty great!

Have 4 right now. If I get more, I might get fired from my job. Ah well.

Reactions: 4 users
2 II, 13 silences, 1 haven't even received a secondary yet.
my first II is on 10/08 ... do you think thats early enough to join the '10/15 anticipation pool'?

2 II, 13 silences, 1 haven't even received a secondary yet.
my first II is on 10/08 ... do you think thats early enough to join the '10/15 anticipation pool'?

Yes, most schools will take at least 2 weeks.

To anyone freaking out after looking at this poll, I would imagine the results are at least moderately skewed... People with more invites are probably more likely to respond to this type of thread.

Sorry to sound totally naive, but what is this 10/15 date that everyone is talking about? I'm at 3 IIs, 1 rejection, and 5 silences

10/15 is the day schools are allowed to begin accepting applicants.

10/15 is the first day that MD schools can start sending out acceptances.

Ah okay, thanks! I guess last cycle I was so late in submitting everything I didn't realize they had a date they can start sending out acceptances.

Don't worry about @boltedbicorne . He used to post here in SDN as Mrh125 until he was banned. Now's he back and will soon be banned again. Don't get upset by his antics or call him a troll, if you do that then you're just giving him what he wants. He wants attention.

Think of him as a clown who has been sent here for our amusement. I for one have a good hearty laugh after reading his comments. Laugh at him, not with him. Also, don't give him the attention he craves. Just ignore his comments, completely. Don't even write "I won't feed the troll". Just pretend his posts are invisible.

^nope, wrong on all accounts cuz that's not me. Also practice what you preach cuz you cant even follow your own advice homie.

15 IIs so far. Interestingly, I became pretty frustrated a few weeks ago as I felt like I could not break into the top 10 kind of schools but I have received a few recent IIs even after being complete extremely early. Don't lose hope!

Reactions: 2 users

i'm not bragging. i dont talk **** i just state the facts, yes lord