Another one of those what are my chances....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DatToothDoe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone so im going to be reapplying this upcoming cycle and was wondering if i could get some insight from you guys on where i should apply given my stats (i have been saving money for the past year so i can potentially apply to a TON of schools)

Anyway

DAT 19/19/20
GPA overall 3.45 Science 3.3
Research during undergraduate (published a paper)
Currently working as an academic tutor
Also Currently working as volunteer research assistant at UoP orthodontics department
shadowed oral surgeon for 250 hours
shadowed/still shadowing general dentist ~300 hours

I am getting a letter of rec from my PI at UoP and a fabulous letter from the general dentist i have been shadowing so far in addition to the other letters that are required.

Now i have all the classes to apply to almost all the schools however i do not have the anatomy/physiology courses or the statistics course (however im sure my AP credit from my calculus BC course might be used)

Correct me if im wrong but cant i also still apply to schools, say like the texas dental schools even if i dont have statistics? (like they can still accept me and ill just have to take the course before matriculation?)

Anyway thanks for the help and....what do you think my chances are and where do you think i should apply?

Members don't see this ad.

Texas schools don't accept a lot of out of state students. If you were to apply, you would have to come with better numbers than what you have. I'd say save your money.

Check the AADSAS FAQs link in my signature.

I agree that I would save the money on the Texas schools if you aren't a resident.