Another one of "what are my chances"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nossdt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.2 oGPA, 3.0 sGPA
22 PAT/ 22 TS/ 22 AA/ 19 QR/ 23 RC/ 20 Bio/ 24 GC/ 23 OC

~150 hours of shadowing; ~150 hours of volunteering.

There was a strong upward trend from my freshman GPA (2.5 -> 3.9) until I had to start supporting my parents' business. Then my gpa just kind of hovered around a 3.0 for the last 1.5 years. I'm wondering if I apply broadly enough, will I get at least one acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

You're in a gray area here. Like you suggested, I'd apply broadly to ~20 schools. Your DAT scores are awesome, but your GPA is below average... and it looks like you regressed from bad grades-->good grades-->mediocre grades, which isn't so good.

I would incorporate your work experiences into your personal statement, but make sure that you aren't coming across as making excuses for your grades. There is a way to finesse this situation.

I'm sure you will get interviews. Just make sure you practice a lot beforehand . :)

You're in a gray area here. Like you suggested, I'd apply broadly to ~20 schools. Your DAT scores are awesome, but your GPA is below average... and it looks like you regressed from bad grades-->good grades-->mediocre grades, which isn't so good.

I would incorporate your work experiences into your personal statement, but make sure that you aren't coming across as making excuses for your grades. There is a way to finesse this situation.

I'm sure you will get interviews. Just make sure you practice a lot beforehand . :)

Sweet, a couple interviews is all I'm asking for :p Any tips on good ways to practice for the interviews?