Another one of "what are my chances"

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by nossdt, 05.13.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. nossdt

nossdt 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    3.2 oGPA, 3.0 sGPA
    22 PAT/ 22 TS/ 22 AA/ 19 QR/ 23 RC/ 20 Bio/ 24 GC/ 23 OC

~150 hours of shadowing; ~150 hours of volunteering.

There was a strong upward trend from my freshman GPA (2.5 -> 3.9) until I had to start supporting my parents' business. Then my gpa just kind of hovered around a 3.0 for the last 1.5 years. I'm wondering if I apply broadly enough, will I get at least one acceptance?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Glimmer1991

Glimmer1991 SDN Gold Donor Gold Donor 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You're in a gray area here. Like you suggested, I'd apply broadly to ~20 schools. Your DAT scores are awesome, but your GPA is below average... and it looks like you regressed from bad grades-->good grades-->mediocre grades, which isn't so good.

I would incorporate your work experiences into your personal statement, but make sure that you aren't coming across as making excuses for your grades. There is a way to finesse this situation.

I'm sure you will get interviews. Just make sure you practice a lot beforehand . :)

4. nossdt

nossdt 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Sweet, a couple interviews is all I'm asking for :p Any tips on good ways to practice for the interviews?

About the ads