another Q: what are the chances of acceptance if you get an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melucla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so ive got 3 interviews lined up, plus im applying to 3 more schools. i was going to apply to 9 originally, but not all are my top choices, so i'm wondering if i should even do all of the apps. i think ICO posted their stats for how many people interviewed last year and how many were accepted, the % looks pretty good.

other than that, i don't know anything about the other schools. for all i know they could interview a bunch of people and only take a small amount of them. but then again, i know they're really considering you if they even ask at all, so i should be flattered. but, just wondering if anyone has any stats to throw out. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It probably depends on the school, but it seems like an interview is a good indication of an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see any good reason for applying to so many schools, because chances are some are backup and aren't really on your list of schools you'd like to go to. I took my chances and applied to only 2 with pretty average stats (well, my OAT is above average) and got in to the school I interviewed at. I have a 3.1 GPA, 350 AA 360 TS, experience, and like 1 or 2 extracurriculars.

Don't apply to those 3 other schools unless you get rejected at the first 3, unless you don't mind spending all that money on application fees.

IU said they accept about 90% of those who they interview.

What can you tell me about the PCO interview? I'm going on Monday!

wow! those are really good odds for PCO/IU. I only hope ICO is like that! I'm going in about a week. I see on their site that 39% of interviewees actually enrolled, but doesn't say how many were accepted...must be lots more than 39% though! I'm crossing my fingers...

Anyone know what SCO's acceptance is if you get an interview? I have already been accepted to PCO and was pretty set on going there, but didn't think I would get one at SCO.