Another question about grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes.

Chill out and not worry about the one potential B on your transcript. Do some soul-searching and rethink your priorities in life in general. Skip your Thursday and Friday classes this week so you can create your own long weekend. Use that long weekend to take a road trip with a couple buddies and get refreshed, reset, and realigned.
It sounds like you could use it.

If you are terrified to get B's, it probably means you are an intelligent, motivated perfectionist (congratulations, this means you're a typical pre-med). This also means that it is highly unlikely you are going to let your GPA slip too far. One B (or even 10 B's and a C) is not going to destroy your application, but constant worrying about getting non-A grades will destroy any enjoyment you could be getting out of undergrad. Work hard but try to keep things in perspective.

On the other hand, your TA is likely a graduate student who is living far from home and doesn't have time to cook. A batch of fresh baked cookies would definitely be remembered when your lab reports are being graded...

Members don't see this ad :)
Get that first B out of the way, so you can that pressure of perfection off!!

I have actually made admissions folks tell me they rather see a 3.8-3.9 GPA because they know the person can handle not getting that "A"....

it will be ok, the world will not end, you will still have a chance at MD....

I remember being all worried back as a bitty high schooler when I got my first B. I was so mad because it was "destroying" my streak of A's. Looking back, I'm so glad I got it. It stopped my neuroticism right in its tracks. Don't be afraid of getting a B, but do be afraid of turning into a perfectionist freak!

I agree with the above comments, a few b's won't hurt you. And it is a good feeling to kinda "break" your perfect streak.

However, don't let "into bio lab" be that class. If your gonna get a B as least let it be O-Chem, or P-Chem, or some philosophy class with an unreasonable/idealistic professor. Intro Bio Lab should be cake, Don't stress.

Last edited:
I have B's and C's on my transcript from Intro Bio. Hasn't come up in either interview I have been on. I did well in the upper level stuff though so maybe that's why. It won't be a big deal. Adcoms know they aren't really in the position to decide which of your classes are easy and which aren't. If they have questions they will ask them in an interview (they probably won't have questions).

" umm so I have a 4.0 right now and don't want it to go down to a 3.9875... That'll just ruin my chances for medical school, and im very realistic.. Please advise"

If you are terrified to get B's, it probably means you are an intelligent, motivated perfectionist (congratulations, this means you're a typical pre-med). This also means that it is highly unlikely you are going to let your GPA slip too far. One B (or even 10 B's and a C) is not going to destroy your application, but constant worrying about getting non-A grades will destroy any enjoyment you could be getting out of undergrad. Work hard but try to keep things in perspective.

On the other hand, your TA is likely a graduate student who is living far from home and doesn't have time to cook. A batch of fresh baked cookies would definitely be remembered when your lab reports are being graded...

Listen to the dudeareano on this one.