Another question about MCAT retakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChePibe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okey, so here is my situation. I took the MCAT twice, in August 2003 and June 2007. Most schools though accept scores at most three years old (from 2004). I also know that some schools take the average of the MCATs or even the highest score regardless of administration. My question is will schools do this or will they just disregard the older score totally? Note that my THX lists the scores for both tests and they were both sent in my primaries. Any insider's view on this will be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

whether they disregard the old scores completely, is really based on the score differences between the tests you took, and the time differences as well. That being said, its not certain which schools will totally disregard ur old scores and which will take an avg, etc. Obviously, if you re-take and score a 25 again (or anywhere close to that), then you will only be proving to them that you haven't really overcome ur weak points, or that you just don't know ur stuff. What is certain, however, is that they WILL see all of your scores, even if were from 10 years back.

Thanks for the response HippocrateX. As it turns out my scores are statistically very similar. I got a 34 in 2004 and a 36 in 2007 but it'd be nice if some schools took the best scores from each test (got a 10 in asection in 2004 and a 9 in the same section in 2007). However, I think that since the scores expired this would not be the case:laugh:.