Another question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noeljan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are some people that have been accepted to NYCOM's stats.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone please help, I'm really stressing over what I should do.
Thanks

I don't have all the answers, of course, but I think I would go ahead and take the MCAT. See what your scores are and then apply. I think the schools look at the overall person...clinical experience, community service, dedication, etc.

If I remember right, the average science GPA is around 3.4...

There is a website I have at work that you can use to compare schools by average MCAT scores, GPA, etc. I think it is U.S. News & World Report's Graduate School site, but it's been a while since I have accessed it. I will post the web address tomorrow and hopefully it will help you. It allows you to compare up to 3 schools at once, I believe.

You could also call some of the schools. I know the admissions people at UHS in Kansas City are extremely nice. Ask for Angela. She will answer all of your questions.

Good luck! Hope to be practicing next to you in a few years!

- Tammy
UHS Class of 2006

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks Tammy:)

De nada! :wink:

Here is that address. <a href="http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/rankings/med/medindex.htm" target="_blank">http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/rankings/med/medindex.htm</a>

Look under tools toward the bottom of the page to do an advanced search. It looks like they have made part of the website "Pay-for-Services." From what I can tell, you will have to pay to compare the profiles (which include the student profile, GPA, number of applicants versus number accepted, etc.)

However, you can do a search by MCAT score, cost, location, etc. So you can get some info (free) from this site still.

Sorry I got your hopes up. Last time I looked at this site it was entirely free.

To do this for free, you may want to get a list from the above site and check out individual school webpages. That would be the "free" way to do it.

Best wishes,
Tammy

One more thing...

Another great website you may or may not have heard of is <a href="http://www.interviewfeedback.com." target="_blank">www.interviewfeedback.com.</a>

After people have interviewed at a school, many discuss their experience on this website. So let's say you get an interview at UHS, you can look up that school before your interview date and find out typical questions asked by the interviewers, what other people thought of the campus, and how people perceived the staff & students at that school. It really helped me prepare for the interview.

Just something to keep in mind for future use.

- Tammy

I would go ahead and take the MCAT. Keep in mind that a great MCAT can compensate for a poor GPA, but a great GPA usually cannot compensate for a poor MCAT. Study hard for the MCAT, do lots of practice questions, and you should be fine. I also think that your GPA is competetive for most DO schools anyways.

I agree with the others...your GPA is right in firing range...so get a 24+ MCAT and you should have your pick of interviews..

Keep up the good work..and be sure to get your AACOMAS and secondaries in EARLY!!!

Thanks everyone:)