1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
  2. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Another quick MCAT question.

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by JHon1, Jul 17, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. JHon1

JHon1

Jul 17, 2017
    So I am hoping for some feedback on retaking the following scores for the MCAT
    Total: 508
    C/P:125
    CARS:130
    B/B: 128
    Psych: 125
    Cumulative GPA:3.75
    SGPA:3.8
    I'm really just wondering if those low ones are too bad.. I am hoping to apply MD, but am uncertain I can perform as well on the CARS again.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. bears1992

bears1992 SDN Gold Donor Gold Donor

Jan 5, 2017
    Florida
    I don't think your 125 in C/P will hurt for most schools, just don't go below 125. You can easiliy get that P/S up to a 128, just go through the definitions until you have them down. You obviously have the reading skills with the CARS score so it looks like you are just missing the psyc/socio terms. There was a quizlet link I found a while ago (I can't find it on mobile) that had like 800 flash cards. It was really great for learning the terms quickly.

Edit: I didn't realize that was your actual score so disregard what I said about P/S. A 508 with all sections at or above a 125 is not going to keep you out of medical school.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  4. workaholic181

workaholic181

May 29, 2017
    Really depends on how you're feeling man. Do you think you're up for prepping for the sept 9th MCAT? If so, go for it. If you could get up around 512 with the rest of your stats you could swing for some really great programs. With that said a 508 isn't gonna keep you out of med school either. If I were you I'd probably not retake at this point and apply as is.

5. JHon1

JHon1

Jul 17, 2017
    Thanks for the quick replies guys! Yeah if the numbers are okay I'd love to keep my CARS. I kick myself every day for not sufficiently preparing for psych and social.