Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Another quick question about LOIs...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by JTubule1386, Dec 5, 2008.

1. JTubule1386

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    How long should/could a LOI be? I am currently writing one, but there is so much I like about the school it is definitely going to be two pages.

2. AdmiralChz

AdmiralChz ASA Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Probably someone else that can answer this better but I definitely wouldn't try to make an LOI that long - just seems like it wouldn't get read (like a resume with lots of fluff). I have heard that LOIs need to be short, sweet, and to the point. Updates can be a little bit longer.

3. JTubule1386

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Well see that's kinda the thing about it. It is to the point. It's not really anything about me. It's about the reasons I want to attend their school, I just happen to have a lot of reasons. I feel if I take some things out it won't drive my point as well. What if I get it down to a full page, what do ya'll think then? Or should it be even shorter? Let me know so I can start dissecting this letter.

4. fizzle

fizzle New Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'd say to keep it down to one page (and a reasonable font, not like this).

Also, some schools do re-review your application upon receiving a letter of interest/update letter; it's not always so useless!

5. Jonnymed

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have a family friend that works in admissions at a Med school. He told me that letters of intent (prior to rejection or waitlist) will not help you at all.

6. JTubule1386

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Well I know that, I've been waitlisted that's why I'm sending it. I got it down to a page so that should be good.