Another School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kpm986

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so here are my stats:
Overall GPA: 3.7
BCPM GPA: 3.55 (All A's & A-'s, brought down by a C+ in Gen Chem 1 and a B- in Organic Chem I, strong upward trend)
MCAT: 11 VR 11 PS 10 BS Q Writing Sample
ECs:
Medical: 2 years (4 hrs/week) volunteering at a nursing home, 3 months (8 hrs/week) volunteering in ER, 4 months (8 hrs/week) shadowing NICU doctors, shadowed surgery with a surgical oncologist
Non-Medical: dance teacher for past 6 years, work in law office for past 4 years
School: dance team, Phi Beta Kappa
MA Resident

So, here is a list of schools I want to apply to, any comments are welcome.
UMass
Tufts
BU
UConn
Dartmouth
University of Vermont
Brown
George Washington University
Georgetown
University of Kentucky

I know its a relatively short list right now, but if anyone has any comments on my chances of getting into any of these schools or suggestions of other schools to apply to that would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

I hear GW really likes nontrads, and that GTown looks for people who have shown they "fit" well with the school (i.e. have EC's that reflect interests in areas that GTown is strong in).

Heh, I personally don't like Dartmouth because they did EVERYTHING via snail mail, and it drove me crazy. Hopefully they changed that this year.

It's hard to suggest other schools without knowing if you have any preferences in terms of location, curriculum, school strengths...etc. You seem to like DC, so maybe UMaryland? (Baltimore's close to DC, lol) I think they're decently OOS friendly but you should probably check the MSAR.