Another stupid research question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor4Life1769

**tr0llin, ridin dirty**
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did research for a year (bench/basic science) but due to internal BS and changes in PI, etc., I never really had tangible results. I did it for honors credit in undergrad, presented what I'd done, but at the end, no real results. Is it even worth mentioning on ERAS?

On the contrary, in HS, I did a summer research project and presented findings in an American Chemical Society conference with other HS students. Is THIS worth mentioning in the experiences and "publications" section under "poster presentation"?? No publications were done.

Members don't see this ad.

I did research for a year (bench/basic science) but due to internal BS and changes in PI, etc., I never really had tangible results. I did it for honors credit in undergrad, presented what I'd done, but at the end, no real results. Is it even worth mentioning on ERAS?

On the contrary, in HS, I did a summer research project and presented findings in an American Chemical Society conference with other HS students. Is THIS worth mentioning in the experiences and "publications" section under "poster presentation"?? No publications were done.

I would probably put in the year of research. I only included presentations from medical school.

I would probably put in the year of research. I only included presentations from medical school.

Thanks. I decided to only put in the HS research for "experiences" but won't put it for poster presentation ... it was rather informal anyway (compared to the ones I did for medical school). Also, I'm just going to leave the undergrad research thing out, as I honestly could not really comment on the results of the work and could probably only come up with a few relevant lines for the basis of the project - as it all was simply a sham to me - and the PI was also in trouble for putting up similar shady projects/results.

Thanks. I decided to only put in the HS research for "experiences" but won't put it for poster presentation ... it was rather informal anyway (compared to the ones I did for medical school). Also, I'm just going to leave the undergrad research thing out, as I honestly could not really comment on the results of the work and could probably only come up with a few relevant lines for the basis of the project - as it all was simply a sham to me - and the PI was also in trouble for putting up similar shady projects/results.

Sounds good- my advisor told me to always think about how I would answer questions the interviewer would ask about anything on my CV- any time I practiced a reply and it sounded weak/filler I took that bit out of my CV. Good luck- it's going to be a fun year!

Sounds good- my advisor told me to always think about how I would answer questions the interviewer would ask about anything on my CV- any time I practiced a reply and it sounded weak/filler I took that bit out of my CV. Good luck- it's going to be a fun year!

That it will be ... :laugh:

Good luck to you, as well.