Another what are my chances at pharmacy school post

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Overtime321

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All. My name is Mark and I will be applying to the following pharmacy schools for fall entry 2014;
Albany College Pharm/Health Science
D'Youville College
Fairleigh Dickinson University

Rutgers The State Univ of NJ-School of Pharmacy
St. John Fisher College Rochester
University at Buffalo Sch of Pharmacy

I have a 3.35 G.P.A and I am going to graduate with a BS in pharmacology next year.
My PCAT preliminary score report is as follows
- Verbal: 409-63
- Biology: 411 - 63
- Reading: 392 - 36
- Quantitative ability: 410: 67
- Chemistry: 434: 91
- Composite: 411: 70

- 3 good recommendation letters [2 professors (biochemistry and pharmacology) and 1 faculty (P.I.)]
- 30 hours of hospital volunteer experience
- 100+ hours in biochemistry and social science research laboratories.

I know that my results are not impressive at all, but I want to know what my chances are at the designated schools. Any suggestions or comments are much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All. My name is Mark and I will be applying to the following pharmacy schools for fall entry 2014;
D'Youville College

I have a 3.35 G.P.A and I am going to graduate with a BS in pharmacology next year.

- 3 good recommendation letters [2 professors (biochemistry and pharmacology) and 1 faculty (P.I.)]

I know that my results are not impressive at all, but I want to know what my chances are at the designated schools. Any suggestions or comments are much appreciated.
You'll probably get into all those schools.. Very well rounded. Pcat is good enough and GPA should be good enough. Only thing maybe is not having pharmacy experience.

D'Youville College

I can tell you right now Rutgers will not accept you. Why? They primarily accept students straight out of high school for their 0-6 program. Any seats remaining (VERY few) are due to students who fail out/drop out of the program which you will then compete for. This could be 1000 applicants for 20 seats.