Another What are my chances question (yes I know everyone groans)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kevinlawton

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone I have a question for everyone and just trying to get an opinion here.

Overall GPA 3.3
Science Gpa 3.23
GPA First 2 years of College 2.91
GPA After last 2 years brought up GPA to a 3.3 so upward trend with GPA being about 3.5 overall my last 2 years.

Roughly 200-300 Shadowing/Volunteer hours at a dental practice that specializes in cosmetic surgery. You might be wondering why I did this. Well I called for about 2 years and most pharmacies said they did not accept volunteers or allow shadowing some have been completely full up until now and some were under contract with some school so only students from that school was accepted. This is just what I have been told, I have no clue if was true just the answers I was given. Kaiser wanted me to volunteer during the weekdays, but I worked and the coordinator said that wouldn't work. A dentist I knew needed help and I offered to help him out with his new office. He does prescribe medication for his patients and uses euthanasia, so figured some healthcare exposure is better then none. I have talked to many pharmacists though and pharmacy students to learn about the profession. Still waiting to hear from some pharmacies about shadowing and volunteering. Would this volunteering be viewed negatively?

Working Full Time all throughout college as a Pool-Man for family business in order to keep business afloat due to injuries to father.
Also had some other family stuff that happens I'm sure to everyone so I doubt it makes that much of a difference in my application. Everyone has some sob story.

Plan on taking summer classes, fall and spring which should be about 44-45 Semester Units more. I am more then confident I will do extremely well in these classes since each class I plan on taking I have had the professor before and is also a Subject (physiology, an endocrinology class, anatomy and some GE classes) I did extremely well in with a minimum grade of A-

What would my chances for the CA schools be? I plan on applying to all and if I do not get in this year will be taking the PCAT for next year

Members don't see this ad.

whoops, sorry about that everyone. I must have overlooked that