Another "What are my chances?" question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LateBloomer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay here are my stats:
32 years old
BS in Psych, 3.00 GPA
MA in Human Resources Management, 3.40
Post Bacc (all med school science reqs), 3.99
Overall GPA 3.33, Science GPA 3.65
MCAT 30 (12V,9P,9B,Q)
5 years as Mental Health Counselor
Past 2 years as patient care tech at hospital for children with chronic illnesses
Shadowed several DO's plus approx. 100 hours volunteer in ER, ICU
President pre-med club, member national honor society

That's the sum of it. Throughout school I have worked 30-50 hours per week to support myself and my family. I will be applying to DO schools this summer (plus a few in-state MD schools) and I'm really interested in hearing from others who have been accepted with similar numbers or anyone else with feedback. Thanks!
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

LateBloomer, your profile is spectacular. Remember to organize your letters of recommendation and pay attention to your Personal Statements and you should be successful. Your credentials really make you seem like a juggernaut compared to the remainder of the standard applicant pool. Why didn't you decide to pursue Medicine sooner?

TWO more things...and this helped me....

1) APPLY as EARLY AS POSSIBLE!

2) Be yourself! at the interview...from those stats, you should interview at multiple places....

Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Relax, your a shoe-in for acceptance. Baring you do well at the interview.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance!
smile.gif

Vegeta- I liked the idea of being a doctor but honestly didn't want to go to school for eight years when I was an undergrad and thought I could find something else just as satisfying as medicine. Kind of funny now that I'm 32 and have had to take an extra 2 years of classes to take my pre-reqs. I'll have gone to school for 12 years (counting my masters degree) when I'm done! I already have taken over 200 credit hours! That's what I get for trying to take the easy way out! I should have just followed my heart in the first place. Hopefully my experiences and maturity will make me a better doctor. Thanks again everyone!