Another "What are my chances!?" Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockchalk10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my post off of this thread because people are surprisingly rude.

However for those who understood the original question of my post and were kind with answers...thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
n/a

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, the situation does not look extremely favorable. I would say you have a 30-40% chance of getting in. Count on doing a post-bacc to raise that GPA a little and re-taking the DAT. If you work hard enough, you will be more ready for next year's application cycle. Good luck.

n/a

Last edited:
Sigh...they're messing with you fool. People get sick of pre-dents with high stats coming here to ask for an ego stroking. That's what your real life friends are for. With a 4.0 and the percentiles that showed on your DAT, if you can't figure out your chances, you probably should stop your education at this point.

lol....they're just giving you a hard time. If you searched around you'll see that your stats are above average. I wouldn't be worried.

Go to predents.com and see how you compare to previous cycles' applicants and see where you stand at whichever school you're looking at attending.

If Kansas doesn't have its own dental school, it's likely that school(s) in surrounding states have an agreement to accept a certain number of Kansas applicants. That could work in your favor. I know UT-Memphis has that deal with students from Arkansas.

n/a

Last edited:
bottom line, u have a good shot at out of state schools so give yourself a pat for the hard work.

I would not be so quick to give him a great chance at acceptance. Someone who has come this far and clearly has not managed to figure this out on their own is likely to shoot themselves in the foot during an interview.
Also, you should be aware of the western health initiative in which because you do not have a state dental school, most state schools out there will view you as an in-state applicant. do your homework.

I tried searching old threads to see if someone had similar stats and got tired of looking

:confused: The reason for that is because no one with those stats would even bother to ask.
You shouldnt be worried about that part of your application. How are your ECs?

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread cracks me up :laugh:

You have a VERY good shot. Your GPA is awsome and your DAT is very strong (some may say average but I would say your DAT is above average). If you are worried about the out of state thing apply to many private schools as well. Also, I know that some sates have a program where the state school will accept a certain number of out of state students from states where they have no dental school. See if this applys to you, as it should, and find these schools and apply to them. If you apply wisely I would say by Dec 1st you should have GREAT shot of knowing where you will be come the fall of 2010

i was recently asking myself "how hard is it to get a 4.0 from a kansas school?"

thanks for answering my question.

Raise my GPA? Not to be "that person" who is proud of his/her grades...but I guess I don't really know how I can raise a 4.0 (or a 3.95 for that matter) anymore.

I agree that I can raise my DAT some, but if someone can get in with a lower GPA (say 3.0-3.4) but a 24 DAT then I guess I don't see how this case is helpless?

News flash, you are "that person". This goes to show that someone can be book smart and still be a total idiot.

Sigh...they're messing with you fool. People get sick of pre-dents with high stats coming here to ask for an ego stroking. That's what your real life friends are for. With a 4.0 and the percentiles that showed on your DAT, if you can't figure out your chances, you probably should stop your education at this point.

:thumbup:

With those stats, you need to stop worrying so much, but if the out-of-state thing bothers you, make sure you apply to private schools, too. Then your residence won't matter. Honestly, if you have a few extracurriculars and at least some dental experience, then you probably have a great shot at getting an interview. Hopefully, you have some sort of personality and social skills to get you through that part.

somethingpositiv,
are you an anti-dentite?

tim you are so clever!!!!

If by anti-dentite, you mean anti-Kramer, than yes, I am. He's a racist f*cker who hates black people, and is as despicable as he is annoying. If you are a fan of Kramer or the actor that portrays him, those two words are likely to describe you as well.
that was damn clever!!!!

agreed on michael richards though...gotta put him in the same category as mel gibson