Answering the question "How many interviews have you done/Which schools have you been accepted to?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jordansnfootbal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had these questions asked during an interview recently. I answered truthfully with no hesitation. What would you guys have done? It seemed like an awkward question for me, but if I was asked it I needed to answer.

Members don't see this ad.

I answered truthfully but I wasn't terribly happy about it. I just couldn't come up with a reasonable answer to avoid it in time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would remind them that's a match violation, but that's not an option for you all. Honestly I would answer non-specifically and hope they drop it.

I was asked this question at my last interview and got a fist bump by my interviewer. He was glad to see someone from my background excelling and seemed super happy for me. We then exchanged numbers afterwards

Reactions: 1 users
This isn't Einsteinian physics. Just answer and tell the truth.

Interviews are just as much the school selling themselves to you as you selling yourself to them.

I had these questions asked during an interview recently. I answered truthfully with no hesitation. What would you guys have done? It seemed like an awkward question for me, but if I was asked it I needed to answer.

Reactions: 1 user
This isn't Einsteinian physics. Just answer and tell the truth.

Interviews are just as much the school selling themselves to you as you selling yourself to them.
Lol which is why I decided just tell them. I doubt it holds anyway weight like that. Just curious haha

I was honest, and was even asked about upcoming interviews. I turned it around and asked the interviewer for advice on how to choose! (Gotta do this gracefully of course.)