futureMD222

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know of any anthropological/sociological studies regarding the standing of doctors in our social hierarchy?

OP
F

futureMD222

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
I asked a question, buddy. I need this information to include in my AMCAS personal statement, if that is was you are trying to get at. I am also interested in any studies related to physician and surgeon substance use, for the same purpose.

SaveThisLabRat

$700 Billion Dollar Woman
10+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2007
California *\o/*
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I remember I was driving in a carpool, with the driver being the mother of one of the people in the car.

We were talking about majors and I said, "I thought I wanted to be an anthropology major, but I found it SOOOOO BORING after one class."

The mom is like, "Well...(daughter) is an anthropology major..."

Awkward silence ensued.

dArroway

Gettin' my hood on
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2008
look at the life on this planet sir, no sign of it
Status
Pre-Medical
I asked a question, buddy. I need this information to include in my AMCAS personal statement, if that is was you are trying to get at. I am also interested in any studies related to physician and surgeon substance use, for the same purpose.
Don't shoot cowboy, my hands are in the air

Cegar

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2008
Status
Hello. Welcome to a forum. You should come here for questions that are not easily answered elsewhere.

Do you know what a search engine is, perchance?

OP
F

futureMD222

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Why, hello there! Have you ever considered that you don't necessarily need to post a stale remark at the beginning of every thread?

Wylde

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
SDNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
are you stupid?

Why don't you search a PUBLICATION DATABASE?!

Instead of getting a bunch of people laughing at your stupidity, you will have a bunch of sociological papers on physicians.

Crazy, I know.

dArroway

Gettin' my hood on
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2008
look at the life on this planet sir, no sign of it
Status
Pre-Medical
Why, hello there! Have you ever considered that you don't necessarily need to post a stale remark at the beginning of every thread?
You do not necessarily need to create threads that have little interest to anyone else on SDN. As others have said, try other options, this is not the place for others to DO YOUR HOMEWORK FOR YOU (and by homework I mean research etc.)

TupacalipseT96

R U Still Down?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
But really there may be someone here who can answer your questions, but for every one of those there will be atleast 10 haters angry at you for taking up precious posting space.

The pre-allo board is rough.

Cegar

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2008
Status
Especially when the poster acts like a total jackass.

It makes people RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Hah.

Cephalopod

squidling
10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Confucius said: Easy access to drugs is a motivation best left off a personal statement.

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
SOCMOB
Status
Attending Physician
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that citing anthropological studies is not going to be the best way to captivate your reader while you're trying to display your motivation towards a career in medicine.