anti cancer drugs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maverick_pkg

Vascular Surgery
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it important to remember all the cancers against which each anti cancer drug acts? its so damn confusing with almost all acting against lymphomas, leukemias and many against solid tumours

Members don't see this ad.

I do not recall much emphasis on specific pharmacologic cancer tx as much as diagnosis based on pt's age/ CD-expression/ histological features etc... Do, however, know the major side effects associated with the popular anti-neoplastic agents. Hope this helps a little and good luck!

we just had our cancer chemo pharm section test and our prof (who teaches for kaplan) said that stuff is not HY for Step 1. however, it will be on our final...which means i'll be wasting time memorizing it.
streetdoc

streetdoc said:
we just had our cancer chemo pharm section test and our prof (who teaches for kaplan) said that stuff is not HY for Step 1. however, it will be on our final...which means i'll be wasting time memorizing it.
streetdoc

Not necessarily, i had a matching question with antineoplastic drugs and their mechanism of action.........yuck!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
On my way out said:
Not necessarily, i had a matching question with antineoplastic drugs and their mechanism of action.........yuck!!!!

Nice try, Matching questions are not on Step 1.

For Step 1, the focus is more on mechanism of action and potential adverse effects. Step 2 will deal more with individual drug therapies for specific cancers (such as the MOPP regimen). Or at least I hope.