anxiety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Y2KOK

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have anxiety problems. Lately I have been having anxiety problems. What can one do to remedy anxiety?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I had to go to my family doc last fall and see what he thought. I was having panic attacks like crazy, he gave me a prescription of Paxil. It really works, but you need to just learn how to control it with your mind. btw: sexual disfunction from paxil sux!!!! :(

I know that Zoloft works well for panic attacks too because I have a friend that swears by it. I never ask him about if it caused sexual dsyfunction (and don't want to know) but I've heard that a lot of the antidepressants have that side effect.

Members don't see this ad :)
I been taking paxil since 6 months ago and it has work pretty good, i have social anxiety.
Im a med student and I didnt believe Paxil would help me so much as it has, but the Dr. also told me this types of problems is not only medication, you have to put alot of effort!! so go ahead, visit your doctor and in no time youll be feeling better!!

and remember, if you have a girlfriend, tell her about the side effects, i didnt told mine and she thought i was loosing interest, but then i told her and she understood!!

See what counseling services are offered at your school, and take advantage of them. Sometimes people need medications to settle chemical imbalances, but sometimes talking to someone about what causes the anxiety is what you need. And lots of folks do best with a combination, at least for a while until stuff gets under control.

There are also other ways to treat anxiety. I've known people who went to an accupuncturist or a massage therapist who worked wonders for anxiety or depression, which is something that often gets overlooked when those disciplines get brought up, because the most common reason people seek them out is musculoskeletal.

Good luck, and don't put off getting help.