Anxious about my chances, any help or guidance appreciated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Katie.R

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first forum post ever. Very excited. So I am nervous about my chances of getting into dental school along with getting a USAF HPSP scholarship. I will include my WAMC template at the bottom of this post. I know my stats are not the greatest with my AA being 20 and my GPA/SGPA being 3.7/3.5 but I did take my DAT during the peak of COVID, have studied and been a full time student during the pandemic, and have a lot of shadowing, assistance, and time working in the dental field along with strong ECs. Reading everyone's posts on this forum makes me anxious and nervous about my chances but I figure a good way to face that anxiety and gain a better understanding of where I stand would be by asking for other's opinions who have or are going through the same process. Please let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions! :)

Date of submission: June 1st
Overall GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.58
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.7
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
AA:20 Biology:18 GC:20 OC:19 PAT:20 QR:18 RC:25 Natural Sciences:19
State of Residence: Massachusetts

Undergrad Attended: Monmouth University (NJ)
Major: Biology with a concentration in Molecular Cellular Physiology
Minor: Chemistry
Minority? No

Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 600+
Volunteering Experience: 200+ in many formats
Employment: Pediatric Dental Office, Part time

Research: 100+ hours medicinal and computational chemistry, Honors thesis on environmental biology with possibility of publication

Other Extracurriculars: Resident assistant: 4 years. Resident Housing Association: 4 years. Department and club theater: 4 years. Pre-dental club: 4 years. Campus tour guide: 1 year. Sailing team: 3 years. Orchestra: 4 years. Environmental summer camp counselor: 4 years.

Relevant Honors or Awards: 3 time deans list
School list:
Rutgers, Uconn, Temple, Tufts, Columbia, Buffalo, Maryland, Virginia commonwealth, Boston, NYU, Stony Brook, LECOM, Howard, New England

Members don't see this ad.

“tRuSt ThE pRoCeSs” - everyone last cycle. In all seriousness you shouldn’t worry about anything from the past, what’s done is done. All you can do is cross your fingers and hope for the best

Thanks for your response! I did see a lot of people say trust the process but I'm still nervous. There isn't any more I can really do but I still get anxious thinking about the possibility that no school will want me. That's why I turned to this forum in the hopes that someone can reaffirm that I am a good candidate and that someone somewhere will accept me.
“tRuSt ThE pRoCeSs” - everyone last cycle. In all seriousness you shouldn’t worry about anything from the past, what’s done is done. All you can do is cross your fingers and hope for the best

Members don't see this ad :)
You’re sittin good. Don’t worry too much about it

Reactions: 1 users
Howard accepts only minorities so don’t bother applying there. Apply to Michigan

Reactions: 1 user