Any 27-29 MCAT with interviews????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
507 130/123/128/126. 4 MD II

Members don't see this ad.

Let's keep updating this! I wanna hear everyone's success!

2 MD II, 1 DO II
Accepted to the DO school so far

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
2 MD II and 3 DO II
3 acceptances, one "hold", and one pending.

Update:

506, 3.6

11 MD II

Attended 3 interviews, 2 upcoming, turned down 6

Accepted at 2, wait listed at 1

507 (123 CARS) ~3.6
22 MD apps
7 II (4 attended)
4 acceptances

Cycle has gone better than I could have ever dreamed. I have more II than I can even afford to attend. If you would have told me this would be my situation 4 months ago, I would have said you were crazy. I thought I'd be getting ready to plan my MCAT retake lol...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
502 with two 124 sections
4 DO II
1 MD II
2 acceptances

Reactions: 2 users
507 (123 CARS) ~3.6
22 MD apps
7 II (4 attended)
4 acceptances

Cycle has gone better than I could have ever dreamed. I have more II than I can even afford to attend. If you would have told me this would be my situation 4 months ago, I would have said you were crazy. I thought I'd be getting ready to plan my MCAT retake lol...

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, did you have any interviews/acceptances from top 30 or 40 schools? I too have a 123 CARS that's making me apprehensive. I haven't had nearly as successful a cycle as you since I applied REALLY late (2 MD IIs), but I hope to have a better cycle next time around. Based on my following stats and ECs, can you suggest how I can make up for that low CARS score?
GPA: 3.75/3.75 at top 30, if that matters
MCAT: 132 (Physical)/123 (CARS)/131 (Biological)/132 (Behavioral) (518); NOT an ESL student, if that matters
Research: 1 non-1st author pub and thesis in P Chem lab; 1 first author in bioengineering lab; couple of conferences
Volunteering/shadowing: the usual several hundred hours across several departments; was an EMT in college for 2 years
Tutoring for a year; private tutoring for a couple months

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, did you have any interviews/acceptances from top 30 or 40 schools? I too have a 123 CARS that's making me apprehensive. I haven't had nearly as successful a cycle as you since I applied REALLY late (2 MD IIs), but I hope to have a better cycle next time around. Based on my following stats and ECs, can you suggest how I can make up for that low CARS score?
MCAT: 132 (Physical)/123 (CARS)/131 (Biological)/132 (Behavioral) (518); NOT an ESL student, if that matters
Research: 1 non-1st author pub and thesis in P Chem lab; 1 first author in bioengineering lab; couple of conferences
Volunteering/shadowing: the usual several hundred hours across several departments; was an EMT in college for 2 years

Yes I have three interviews at top 40 (one in top 10 and one in top 30).
My CARS was a 124 and my other sections were not as good as yours

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

yea just go home...ur fine

Low MCAT and average GPA but still going for it! Submitted my primaries this morning!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll second the advice to apply early. My application was only complete in November/December due to a LOR mishap. I received 1 interview out of like 25 schools.

This thread gives me hope! Especially with the rejections rolling in...

Any success here for ORMs with 507 mcat and 3.8-4.0 gpas at MD schools? Currently sitting on 0II at MD schools. Complete at most schools by the end of August.

Any success here for ORMs with 507 mcat and 3.8-4.0 gpas at MD schools? Currently sitting on 0II at MD schools. Complete at most schools by the end of August.
May come a bit later in the cycle. Am a re-applicant but received 2 II last app cycle with that stat equivalent.

May come a bit later in the cycle. Am a re-applicant but received 2 II last app cycle with that stat equivalent.

Are you reapplying with the same stats or did you retake the mcat for this cycle? I'm contemplating a retake and may reapply if this cycle is a bust. :(

I'm in desperate need of advice.

Just to add to this, 505, 4.0, 7 interviews and two acceptances. Not a URM. Don't let SDN get you down... it's statistics are blown out of proportion. As long as you have great experiences and a passion, you can get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 users
Just to add to this, 505, 4.0, 7 interviews and two acceptances. Not a URM. Don't let SDN get you down... it's statistics are blown out of proportion. As long as you have great experiences and a passion, you can get in.

How many MD II's vs DO?

You’re obviosuly going to become a Wildcat ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Do applicants with these stats usually always get II's later in the cycle compared to others?

Alright, so it's hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Thanks everyone for the advice and words of encouragement!

IMG_2994.jpg
Those of us w sub30 eq. MCATS have the 2nd highest chance of finishing in 4 years tho. :) 90%
(And only ~1.5% drop out)
Good luck everyone

Lizzy M 69 and I got a MD acceptance.

Might be helpful to mention MCAT score instead of a LizzyM score? If you feel comfortable doing that. Thank you for sharing

506 MCAT, 3.61 cGPA/3.69 sGPA. 3 II, 1 acceptance, ORM nontrad

ORM - trad, 506 (126,124,129,127) MCAT - so staggered, cGPA: 3.9, sGPA: 3.8 - 4 II, 3 IA, 2 Post-interview hold, 1 acceptance ... all MD

504- MD accepted; Nontrad and 3.85 gpa...

I think this thread should be excluding URM :hungover::dead::beat:

Please don't start that again... to all the others, I hope your cycles are going well! It's always refreshing to come back to this thread every year to see how the new applicants are doing. I am a current MS3, so if you ever just want someone to talk to, or ask a few questions, I'm here!!!

GOOD LUCK ALL!