1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Any 7/6ers retaking?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by iwannaMD, Aug 12, 2011.

1. iwannaMD

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey are any of you 7/6ers retaking the mcat on 8/23 or in september? If so how are you studying since theres about 11 days left? Any suggestions? Would you recommending just taking aamc exams or doing problems from the TPR book? thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you already used the AAMC test for the 7/6 exam, you shouldn't reuse them as practice tests. You can review them for identifying weak content areas and question types you miss.

4. macsta

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I disagree with you.

I think you can reuse old AAMC tests aslong as you took them more than a month ago. I retook some of my AAMC tests and I did not remember anything from the exam.

5. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Did you thoroughly review those AAMCs after taking them the first time?

I'd imagine that after review, I would remember some answers for a month, especially for the difficult/wtf questions.

6. macsta

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yes, I always did. I took all the princeton exams, AAMC exams, and Kaplan exams. I also did 100's of passages on the TPR website. When I retook the exams, I vaguely remember seeing some questions, but the majority of questions felt new. (I retook the exams after 3 months after taking them).

7. whiteshadodw

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    i think it depends on how much practice you're doing. if you're doing dozens of PS, verbal, and BS passages a day, you could easily forget stuff after a month like you did. however, if you're studying like most people who use 1 set of books, you'll eventually run out of material.