1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Any 7/6ers retaking?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by iwannaMD, Aug 12, 2011.

1. iwannaMD

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey are any of you 7/6ers retaking the mcat on 8/23 or in september? If so how are you studying since theres about 11 days left? Any suggestions? Would you recommending just taking aamc exams or doing problems from the TPR book? thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you already used the AAMC test for the 7/6 exam, you shouldn't reuse them as practice tests. You can review them for identifying weak content areas and question types you miss.

4. macsta

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I disagree with you.

I think you can reuse old AAMC tests aslong as you took them more than a month ago. I retook some of my AAMC tests and I did not remember anything from the exam.

5. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Did you thoroughly review those AAMCs after taking them the first time?

I'd imagine that after review, I would remember some answers for a month, especially for the difficult/wtf questions.

6. macsta

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yes, I always did. I took all the princeton exams, AAMC exams, and Kaplan exams. I also did 100's of passages on the TPR website. When I retook the exams, I vaguely remember seeing some questions, but the majority of questions felt new. (I retook the exams after 3 months after taking them).

7. whiteshadodw

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    i think it depends on how much practice you're doing. if you're doing dozens of PS, verbal, and BS passages a day, you could easily forget stuff after a month like you did. however, if you're studying like most people who use 1 set of books, you'll eventually run out of material.