Any 7/6ers retaking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iwannaMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey are any of you 7/6ers retaking the mcat on 8/23 or in september? If so how are you studying since theres about 11 days left? Any suggestions? Would you recommending just taking aamc exams or doing problems from the TPR book? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you already used the AAMC test for the 7/6 exam, you shouldn't reuse them as practice tests. You can review them for identifying weak content areas and question types you miss.

If you already used the AAMC test for the 7/6 exam, you shouldn't reuse them as practice tests. You can review them for identifying weak content areas and question types you miss.

I disagree with you.

I think you can reuse old AAMC tests aslong as you took them more than a month ago. I retook some of my AAMC tests and I did not remember anything from the exam.

I disagree with you.

I think you can reuse old AAMC tests aslong as you took them more than a month ago. I retook some of my AAMC tests and I did not remember anything from the exam.

Did you thoroughly review those AAMCs after taking them the first time?

I'd imagine that after review, I would remember some answers for a month, especially for the difficult/wtf questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you thoroughly review those AAMCs after taking them the first time?

I'd imagine that after review, I would remember some answers for a month, especially for the difficult/wtf questions.

Yes, I always did. I took all the princeton exams, AAMC exams, and Kaplan exams. I also did 100's of passages on the TPR website. When I retook the exams, I vaguely remember seeing some questions, but the majority of questions felt new. (I retook the exams after 3 months after taking them).

Yes, I always did. I took all the princeton exams, AAMC exams, and Kaplan exams. I also did 100's of passages on the TPR website. When I retook the exams, I vaguely remember seeing some questions, but the majority of questions felt new. (I retook the exams after 3 months after taking them).

i think it depends on how much practice you're doing. if you're doing dozens of PS, verbal, and BS passages a day, you could easily forget stuff after a month like you did. however, if you're studying like most people who use 1 set of books, you'll eventually run out of material.