sy329

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2005
Status
Have any of you guys received any? I'm asking those Feb. interviewers...

Hopefully we'll get them before Spring break... :confused: :D

wheelsonfire

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Status
Other Health Professions Student
sy329 said:

Hey 'Yall,
I applied after the Feb dedline due to the fact that my prof did not submit his rec letter on time. I only know that my application is complete and I am anxiously waiting to hear if I have a last round interview. Good luck to those who got their info in on time. You have my best wishes. :love:

Setor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2004
Houston
Status
Does anyone know how many more rounds of interviews they are planning to have? I sent my application in and it was complete aound november/december and I still have not heard anything yet.

emogrrrrl

I like my freedom
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2004
www.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I wouldn't count on hearing back from them about a decision during the March time frame that they gave you. They gave the same speech last year for the February interviews and most of us didn't hear back until end of May, beginning of June.

UTPharmDoc

PharmD from UT
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
sy329 said:

My *source* on the admissions committee says that we will find out mid March... during or after spring break. IT can be an acceptance letter, or a letter saying that they will wait for spring grades, or the rejection... hopefully not the last one :) As soon as you or anyone else finds out, please post it here.

setor said:
Does anyone know how many more rounds of interviews they are planning to have? I sent my application in and it was complete aound november/december and I still have not heard anything yet.
There will 2 more round of interviews April 2/4 and 16/18.

maggiemoo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2004
austin, tx
Visit site
Status
yea, i interviewed feb 14th and have not heard back yet, but i'm not expecting anything til may anyways...you never know with ut, so don't hold your breath. last year, i interviewed in march and did not hear back til early june. i'll keep yall posted though.

Gizmo

?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
Does anyone know when they will send out the last invites for interviews in April? Would they send out an invite a week before the interview, or would it be one month before?

OP
S

sy329

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2005
Status
UTPharmDoc said:
My *source* on the admissions committee says that we will find out mid March... during or after spring break. IT can be an acceptance letter, or a letter saying that they will wait for spring grades, or the rejection... hopefully not the last one :) As soon as you or anyone else finds out, please post it here.
So, does anyone know if it's possible to be accepted even if your grades for the Spring semester isn't complete? :confused:

emogrrrrl

I like my freedom
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2004
www.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Yes it is. That letter may be sent out to you if they can't make a decision on your application and may use your grades to help them to decide.

maggiemoo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2004
austin, tx
Visit site
Status
Gizmo said:
Does anyone know when they will send out the last invites for interviews in April? Would they send out an invite a week before the interview, or would it be one month before?
i got mine 1.5-2 weeks before the interview...sucks for out-of-towners =(

Gizmo

?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
maggiemoo said:
i got mine 1.5-2 weeks before the interview...sucks for out-of-towners =(
So we still have until the beginning of April to *hopefully* get invites :) :)

txpharmdstud

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
i just heard from UT on saturday in the mail. i got in :thumbup: . :D :) Now it's time to drop all my classes this semester since it's useless, kidding.

Gizmo

?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
txpharmdstud said:
i just heard from UT on saturday in the mail. i got in :thumbup: . :D :) Now it's time to drop all my classes this semester since it's useless, kidding.
Congratulations! :)

OP
S

sy329

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2005
Status
txpharmdstud said:
Congrats!
I'm now anxiously waiting for a response...hehe...hopefully sometime this week? :confused:

nguyenkd

Alone with my insanity.
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2004
Houston, TX
Status
Pharmacy Student
txpharmdstud said:

congrats! my friend did just that. he dropped all of his classes except one lab; he's down to just one hour!

NYCillini

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
Status
Hey Everyone,

When I spoke to admissions, they said that some february interviewers won't hear back till May. I guess it all depends how competitive you are. Decisions are made daily

NYCillini

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
Status
Besides admissions...

Has anyone heard good comments about the school (Besides ranking)? Do students seem to enjoy it there? Where do most of the rotations take place...Austin, Dallas, etc?

OP
S

sy329

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2005
Status
NYCillini said:
Hey Everyone,

When I spoke to admissions, they said that some february interviewers won't hear back till May. I guess it all depends how competitive you are. Decisions are made daily
If that's the case, will some receive a letter that at least says that they'll wait for Spring semester grades? :confused:

emogrrrrl

I like my freedom
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2004
www.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
There will be several people who will not receive a letter of any sorts until the very end.

DocRx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2004
Austin
Visit site
Status
Pharmacist
NYCillini said:
Besides admissions...

Has anyone heard good comments about the school (Besides ranking)? Do students seem to enjoy it there? Where do most of the rotations take place...Austin, Dallas, etc?
I am a P1 at UT Austin and I enjoy UT and Austin very much. I say this as a former student of Texas A&M. The work is tough but it will pay off especially if you want to do clinical pharmacy. For the rotations you choose either Dallas, Austin, H-Town, the Valley, El Paso (there may be one more) anyways, you rank them in the order you perfer then they have a random computerized drawing. The P2's that just got their sites had about 90% or higher get their first choice. Jason

NYCillini

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
Status
DocRx said:
I am a P1 at UT Austin and I enjoy UT and Austin very much. I say this as a former student of Texas A&M. The work is tough but it will pay off especially if you want to do clinical pharmacy. For the rotations you choose either Dallas, Austin, H-Town, the Valley, El Paso (there may be one more) anyways, you rank them in the order you perfer then they have a random computerized drawing. The P2's that just got their sites had about 90% or higher get their first choice. Jason

Thanks Jason!

Are each of the rotations sites about the same in terms of what you will learn? Also, how are the students at UT?

DocRx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2004
Austin
Visit site
Status
Pharmacist
NYCillini said:
Thanks Jason!

Are each of the rotations sites about the same in terms of what you will learn? Also, how are the students at UT?
NYCillini,
Each site differs in the elective rotations you can take but for the most part they are the same. Here is a link to the Austin sites and from there you can look at the others. I didn't mention that San Antonio is one of our sites so add it to the list. The students are very nice and as I see it one big family. We try to help each other instead of cutting others feet from under them. If you venture out into the whole student body you will find most people really could care less about what you are doing in a good way. I wear an Aggie shirt around a lot and I have yet had a negative word thrown my way. Kudos to the students of UT and the College of Pharmacy both are top notch programs. Jason

UTPharmDoc

PharmD from UT
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
I got my acceptance letter today from UT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Gizmo

?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
UTPharmDoc said:
I got my acceptance letter today from UT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
Congratulations! I'm sure it is well deserved :)

DocRx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2004
Austin
Visit site
Status
Pharmacist
UTPharmDoc said:
Way to go!!!! Now you can look ahead and not have to worry about this. Congrats!!!!! Jason

UT-Frank

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2004
Austin, TX (Home-SA)
Visit site
Status
maggiemoo said:
yay! me too!!! who are you? jimmy?
CONGRATS MAGGIE!!!!!! I knew you were a shoe in. Let's go celebrate!

All that hard work paid off. Now just sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of the semester b/c hardcore studying starts again next fall :scared:

emogrrrrl

I like my freedom
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2004
www.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Congrats Maggie! I'm very happy for you :D
Best of luck!

NYCillini

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
Status
To those who have made it in so far... what advice do you recommend for preparing for the interview/essay? Are the essay topics like those on the GRE or more like situational questions?

txpharmdstud

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
THE SECOND ROUND INTERVIEW INVITATIONS ARE OUT! Anyone receive their interview invitation for the round? They're held on April 2nd and some other day. Good luck to everyone, and to my friend.

Jonno1288

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2004
Austin
Status
I just got my interview letter today! It's going to either be on April 2nd or 4th. Yes! Time to work on those interview questions like no other.

txranger

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
mmm...mine came in the mail for april 2nd today

UTPharmDoc

PharmD from UT
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
I'll be there on April 2nd... only not being interviewed this time :)

OP
S

sy329

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2005
Status
so I guess this means that they made all of their decisions for the Feb. interviewers already.... :(

maggiemoo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2004
austin, tx
Visit site
Status
sy329 said:
so I guess this means that they made all of their decisions for the Feb. interviewers already.... :(
not necessarily, i heard only a few got acceptance letters. if you didn't get a letter, they probaby either didn't get to your file or are waiting to compare you with other candidates. don't worry! head up =)

maggiemoo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2004
austin, tx
Visit site
Status
NYCillini said:
To those who have made it in so far... what advice do you recommend for preparing for the interview/essay? Are the essay topics like those on the GRE or more like situational questions?
what i did to prepare for my interview was come up with a list of possible interview questions (you can get them from the interview feedback section on this sdn) and make bullet points of the important things i want to mention for each question. you don't have to write out each answer because that'll take a long time and may sound rehearsed.

but most importantly, get involved and be active so that you DO have things to talk about. when i interviewed last year, i didn't have much to talk about because i wasn't really involved or experienced in pharmacy...but this year i had so much to talk about...which really makes the interview a WHOLE lot easier. so my advice to people who are applying in the future: GET INVOLVED!
and get some experience in a pharmacy. i know it's early, but try to find an area of pharmacy you're interested in. it makes you seem more passionate about the field.

txpharmdstud

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
UTPharmDoc said:
I'll be there on April 2nd... only not being interviewed this time :)
Didn't you interview already? Why would you be there that day? I think I know who you are.... :p

Gizmo

?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
Sorry if this is a *bit* off topic: for FAFSA for UT COP do we apply under gradutate status or undergrad? What about if we already have a bachelors degree?

shiver82

10+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
Status
Ok so can anyone tell me why I haven't recieved an interview from Tech or UT? I got a 97 on the PCAT. I have a 3.5 cumulative GPA from UT Arlington and a Bachelors in Biology. But I only have a 3.37 on my pre-requs for UT. I've worked in a pharmacy for over 3 years, but I havn;t heard anything yet. I called UT and they said that i had to be accepted to the university before the school of pharmacy would consider me. Then I called the University and they said they don;t make up there minds on transfer students till mid april, which will probably be too late for me to get an interview. What do I do?!!!!!! :scared:

Thanks to anyone who can answer this question

emogrrrrl

I like my freedom
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2004
www.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
shiver82 said:
Ok so can anyone tell me why I haven't recieved an interview from Tech or UT? I got a 97 on the PCAT. I have a 3.5 cumulative GPA from UT Arlington and a Bachelors in Biology. But I only have a 3.37 on my pre-requs for UT. I've worked in a pharmacy for over 3 years, but I havn;t heard anything yet. I called UT and they said that i had to be accepted to the university before the school of pharmacy would consider me. Then I called the University and they said they don;t make up there minds on transfer students till mid april, which will probably be too late for me to get an interview. What do I do?!!!!!! :scared:

Thanks to anyone who can answer this question
When did you submit your applications? As far as the whole university vs. the COP admission- they gave my friend that same line of BS last year and she got an interview (and was accepted) despite whatever they were saying about the university having to accept her prior to the COP reviewing her application. As far as Tech interviews go- call up the office and inquire, they are very helpful and very nice at that.
Just hang in there, you may still have a chance with both schools.

shiver82

10+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
Status
emogrrrrl said:
When did you submit your applications? As far as the whole university vs. the COP admission- they gave my friend that same line of BS last year and she got an interview (and was accepted) despite whatever they were saying about the university having to accept her prior to the COP reviewing her application. As far as Tech interviews go- call up the office and inquire, they are very helpful and very nice at that.
Just hang in there, you may still have a chance with both schools.
I got all my stuff in to both schools at the begining of Feb. What was your friends undergrad GPA?
Thanks for your reply

Setor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2004
Houston
Status
I just got a letter from UT saying that they do not have the resources to interview all the applicants, and since I applied and interviewed last year, it is not necessary for me to do so again and that they will make their final decisions on May 24. Has anyone heard of this before? If so, have people heard of getting an acceptance after receiving this type of letter?

NYCillini

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
Status
maggiemoo said:
what i did to prepare for my interview was come up with a list of possible interview questions (you can get them from the interview feedback section on this sdn) and make bullet points of the important things i want to mention for each question. you don't have to write out each answer because that'll take a long time and may sound rehearsed.

but most importantly, get involved and be active so that you DO have things to talk about. when i interviewed last year, i didn't have much to talk about because i wasn't really involved or experienced in pharmacy...but this year i had so much to talk about...which really makes the interview a WHOLE lot easier. so my advice to people who are applying in the future: GET INVOLVED!
and get some experience in a pharmacy. i know it's early, but try to find an area of pharmacy you're interested in. it makes you seem more passionate about the field.

What about the Essay? Is it more like a GRE-type question or "what would you do in this case?" type of question?

emogrrrrl

I like my freedom
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2004
www.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
shiver82 said:
I got all my stuff in to both schools at the begining of Feb. What was your friends undergrad GPA?
Thanks for your reply
That might be why you haven't heard anything. It's tough b/c most schools have their deadlines in February or the beginning of March, but it's always best to get your applications in well ahead of time. It's not to say that you won't get an interview this cycle, you very well may still hear from both programs so don't give up just yet.
My friend didn't have a degree and her prerequisite GPA was in the low 3's and her PCAT score wasn't stellar at all (it was below the composite average of last years class). But I'll tell you, she has a lot of drive and her acceptance was well deserved.
From what I've seen and heard, A LOT of the UT student body (at least last years entering class) do not have their bachelors degree. I came to the conclusion last year that admittance to the program was a crap shoot. I know several people who were not given an acceptance that were very well deserving (they had a great gpa, pcat score, lots of extracurriculars, had worked in the pharmacy field for more than 3 years, had a bachelors degree, were alumni...you name it, they had it).
Just hang in there. Like I said with Tech, they are pretty straight forward and won't make you run circles before you know what's going on with your application.
Best of luck and feel to PM me if you wish.

UT-Frank

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2004
Austin, TX (Home-SA)
Visit site
Status
Gizmo said:
Sorry if this is a *bit* off topic: for FAFSA for UT COP do we apply under gradutate status or undergrad? What about if we already have a bachelors degree?

I had this question last year also when I was applying. I put down professional school but at UT, the 1st 2 years and considered undergrads and the P3 and P4 years you're classified as a graduate student. The school will change it to the correct classification after you're admitted so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I don't know the case for ppl with degrees.

kittella

10+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
Status
I still haven't heard anything from UT and interviewed on Feb 14th. I'm getting worried.. I hope they don't make me wait until May to hear something. Has everyone that interviewed in Feb heard something back by now??

OP
S

sy329

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2005
Status
kittella said:
I still haven't heard anything from UT and interviewed on Feb 14th. I'm getting worried.. I hope they don't make me wait until May to hear something. Has everyone that interviewed in Feb heard something back by now??
hey, well, I guess we're in the same boat...I interviewed in Feb as well.
I know some people that already received acceptance letters, but just like you, I haven't heard anything yet.

I'd hate to wait until May, but let's see what happens...

Good Luck~