Any ACS Gen Chem II Final Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McSurgeon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Friends!

I am taking the ACS Gen Chem II final this Friday. Any advice on how to do well? To be honest, I am kind of freaking out about it. I have been practicing with some of the Chem Olympiad exams, and seem not be doing so hot (scoring like an average of 65-70%). Are there other resources I should look into to study or any tips or tricks to make my studying more efficient? Thanks in advance for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on what you're aiming for. If a 60%+ will do, you honestly don't need to study--there's enough gimmes on ACS that you'll get there. 80% and higher, I'd recommend either buying or illegally obtaining their study manual, which basically lays out the exam for you (though it's like ridiculously long).

Members don't see this ad :)
Disclaimer: Not reading previous replies.

For Organic ACS, I purchased the Organic ACS practice book, worked through it two days prior to the exam, and did perfectly well on it. It was like $30 at my local bookstore.

I used the ACS manual for my gen chem and scored a 96%. It was very easy with that book and I'm not even good at Gchem. The national average is also very low so if your class curves you shouldn't have a problem.