McSurgeon

2+ Year Member
May 18, 2015
Memphis
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey Friends!

I am taking the ACS Gen Chem II final this Friday. Any advice on how to do well? To be honest, I am kind of freaking out about it. I have been practicing with some of the Chem Olympiad exams, and seem not be doing so hot (scoring like an average of 65-70%). Are there other resources I should look into to study or any tips or tricks to make my studying more efficient? Thanks in advance for any help!

md-2020

The Immaculate Catch
2+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2015
Status
Medical Student
It depends on what you're aiming for. If a 60%+ will do, you honestly don't need to study--there's enough gimmes on ACS that you'll get there. 80% and higher, I'd recommend either buying or illegally obtaining their study manual, which basically lays out the exam for you (though it's like ridiculously long).

Monoloco357

2+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Disclaimer: Not reading previous replies.

For Organic ACS, I purchased the Organic ACS practice book, worked through it two days prior to the exam, and did perfectly well on it. It was like $30 at my local bookstore.

nm06003

5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2013
Status
I used the ACS manual for my gen chem and scored a 96%. It was very easy with that book and I'm not even good at Gchem. The national average is also very low so if your class curves you shouldn't have a problem.