Any additional recommendations, please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arc5005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there. So I'm planning on taking one of the April 2017 test dates. I am currently working full-time, and will be continuing to work full-time up until I am accepted somewhere. I have completed all my pre-reqs, some courses up to 6 years ago, so definitely taking detailed notes and reading pretty in depth.

My current plan is to read, take notes, and study from the Berkeley Review books and the practice tests they offer and then also to go through the MCAT Khan Academy study review guide.

Are there any additional suggestions for materials I should look into getting or to study from?

Right now I'm studying about 30-60 minutes a day for the past 2 weeks, and trying to study for 3-6 hours on my weekends. I want to see how this goes throughout October.

Members don't see this ad.

I would invest in all the AAMC Official materials, especially the question banks and practice tests. I studied off of these a lot. I also saved one of the practice tests until I was 2 weeks out from test day to see where I was at. For the psych stuff I made flash cards of all the terms and studied those which worked really well for me. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
I would invest in all the AAMC Official materials, especially the question banks and practice tests. I studied off of these a lot. I also saved one of the practice tests until I was 2 weeks out from test day to see where I was at. For the psych stuff I made flash cards of all the terms and studied those which worked really well for me. Hope this helps!

Thank you. Yes I definitely plan studying from those materials as well. Did you happen to use the Berkeley review materials or khan academy as well for MCAT prep?

Thank you. Yes I definitely plan studying from those materials as well. Did you happen to use the Berkeley review materials or khan academy as well for MCAT prep?

I used the Kaplan 7 book set but I am pretty sure all the different test prep books are basically the same content wise. I did watch some Khan videos but realized after a while that I could learn the material much faster by reading it vs. watching. I also tried Khan's passage based questions but found that they were not really representative of the actual questions you see on the test for the most part. Although I suppose any practice is good and it is of course free. I really felt that the AAMC materials made the most difference for me.