any advantages of mount sinai over NYU and cornell?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coralfangs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Uhmmmm.... it's closer to the subway? Hah.. The walk from Madison to Lex is much shorter than all the way from York/1st Ave. I think that's a solid reason to prefer one school over two others.. :D

Uhmmmm.... it's closer to the subway? Hah.. The walk from Madison to Lex is much shorter than all the way from York/1st Ave. I think that's a solid reason to prefer one school over two others.. :D

Wow. One day I want to know what you just said.

<crosses fingers for NY>

At any rate, OP. Why do you want to know? Gonna dump a school or is this for a secondary prompt?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well good luck to you, ecking! :luck::luck::luck:

I've been here for my whole life, and I want out for a change! :) Granted, it'd be hard to turn down P&S, Cornell, or MSSM if I managed to find my way into any of them...

I'd feel pretty honored if I ever even had the stats to apply to such places haha...

I'd feel pretty honored if I ever even had the stats to apply to such places haha...
I don't have the stats either but I got enough cash to cover the fees and enough time to write the essays. You gotta dream, right? :)

I've been here for my whole life, and I want out for a change! :) Granted, it'd be hard to turn down P&S, Cornell, or MSSM if I managed to find my way into any of them...
Yeah I don't really like big cities but like you said, if I get in, who am I to say no?

I know MSSM has some subbed housing options that make rent pretty affordable, not sure if the others have that as well. Other than that, can't really say.

I was going to go the Mount Sinai for my MPH degree, but opted for UCLA. I reallyyy liked their housing options. Its located near Central Park, and it's a great hospital.. I would go to MSSM if they gave me a chance..

exactly. what are we talking about? ummm the best school is the best school for YOU. vist the schools, read up on them, talk to former and current students and look at their affiliated hospitals and clinics and their community outreach programs if your into that, or the neighborhood, or the local grocery store (citarella vs gristedes vs whole foods etc). by the way, is there an advantage to shopping at citarella over gristedes or whole foods?
opinions?

oh man! i am praying that i get to stay in NY. ive been hear most of my life (since 4) and im working my little butt off to get good grades so a school in NYC will take me

New York is great... I'm a student there currently.

As for the grocery stores, Gristedes is nice and cheap... Whole Foods is insanely gourmet-y, so accordingly it's sometimes a bit more expensive, but they have great stuff... I've never been to Citarella.

Personally, I like Trader Joe's at Union Square ... so cheap, and they have lots of GOOD and healthy organic foods.

PM me if anyone has questions about New York City! :thumbup:

I was pretty interested in MSSM for their geriatrics stuff, which they pioneered. But other than that, it was just an in-state option.

MSSM has a reputation for having a more relaxed student body. In any case, those three schools are great options.

If you have options, reserve judgment until you interview and you get a good idea of what each institution is about. You'll know where your heart is.
Do you know when those schools start sending out interview invites?

walk to subway from york/1st ave is a pain in the ass
though NYU is close to so many trains

NYU is close to so many trains

NYU's main "campus" at Washington Square is close to many trains, but the School of Medicine is on 1st Avenue between 31st and 34th. The only train that's not on the other side of Manhattan is the 6, which is still a far distance at Park (just as long as from Cornell on York to Lex)

If you have options, reserve judgment until you interview and you get a good idea of what each institution is about. You'll know where your heart is.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: That's about the best advice anyone can give on deciding between schools.