any advcie would be greatly appreciated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohno1235

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted in the Teacher's College's M.A. program in Psychology and Education: Applied Track. Does anyone know if this is worth going to (if one's ultimate goal is to get a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology)? I was also accepted in the M.A. program in General Psychology at the New School. How good are either of these programs? Will they increase, hurt or not effect my chances of getting into a clinical psychology Ph.D. prorgram? Can I get a decent psychology-related job without getting a Ph.D. in clinical psychology? Would I be better off doing unpaid Research Assistant work or volunteering in a hospital elsewhere (I graduated in June 2006 with a double major in Mathematics and Psychology but have no research (or clinical) experience and can't seem to find any job, paid or volunteer)? If any has advice about these programs or how to get a job in NYC in a psychology related field, please let me know on this forum or send me a private message.

Members don't see this ad.